IP Daily Chat Thursday, 5 May 2011

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
    been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
    AND
    posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
    When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
    for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 4 May 2011
  • Morning everyone

I had written up a post already and seems the forum ate it Grrr...hate when that happens

Anyhow, we're in Sunny Daytona Beach and considering spring still hasn't arrived back home in Canada, this sun here feels SO good!

Being on phase 4 on this trip has been nice although a bit more challenging than I expected. Being on the road for 3 days off and on made it a bit harder than I thought to eat exactly as I should, nothing too major as obviously phase 4 isn't as rigid as phase 1, but now that we are more settled and grabbed a few groceries, things should get better I had my first official "cheat day" the other day and while I enjoyed some ribs and fries and even a daquiri, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It really is so true that our tastes change so much on this program!

We are heading into Orlando tomorrow to start visiting the parks so we're really looking forward to that! The weather is supposed to be in the low 90's all week so I'm hoping to bring home a great tan

Hope everyone has a fantastic, OP day!!
  • Hi and Happy Thursday!
    I am on my 3rd week. This week has been hard for me. I am experiencing some dizziness, lightheadiness, muscle fatigue. I have gotten some great suggestion from this web site and I am so thankful! I was always reading online that it could possibly be low Potassium, so I have taken 2 Potassium supplements this morning to see if it helps.
    The Colace seems to be working well and I am staying on plan!
    Hope everyone has a wonderful day and enjoy being on plan!!!
  • Good Morning everyone! I was really excited to get my next shipment of food products in the mail yesterday...I was getting down to the nitty gritty. This is my 4th week on IP and I am FINALLY getting some energy back. It's so weird that some people have tons more energy and some of us feel completely drained at the end of the day.
    Anyways, off to work, but first I have to mak my herb and cheese omelette for lunch. One of my favorites!
    Catch up with the posts later...that's my favorite downtime thing to do, read all the posts, comments, and great tips everyone leaves behind.
    Have an awesome IP day!
  • Good morning all! One week off protocol and an am only up 6 lbs and starting to drop some pounds too! After I stopped protocol, I was up 11 lbs. So I have started to lose lbs after my initial gain back. First workout will be tonight and we will see if there is a difference. I think my last lbs until 200 will come off just fine on my non IP protocol.

Just thought I would update you all on my progress.
  • Good morning!

Sorry to hear that some are feeling poorly. I'm starting week 4 and I feel great. I'm sure that once you figure out what your body is needing, you will feel fabulous too! Frankly, i don't want to go off of phase 1- ever! I would rather just incorporate some treats in there on occasion. That's just me.

I'm expecting a shipment from Nashua today. I'm excited to try some new things! I use the packets sparingly (2-3 a week)... well, except for the chocolate soy puffs, which I would eat all day every day if I could! Many things have changed for me while on the protocol, but my desire for and love of chocolate doesn't seem to be one of them! I'm just glad the cravings don't rule me anymore.

Scale tramp report: daily WI indicates that I'm back to a daily loss of ~.5 lbs. I'll enjoy it while it lasts because my good friend TOM is visiting next week and I'm sure the losses will come to a grinding halt. (Sorry probably TMI) I was also thrilled to see a drop on the scale this morning beause I didn't get in all of my water yesterday (bad me).

I have way too much energy this morning, so I'll just stop rambling and say Have a Great Day!
  • Good Morning! WI # 12 this morning and I am down 3.4 lbs. Very excited! I will be seeing the 160's soon!

Have a great day everyone!
  • NSV to report this morning.

I looked in my closet at pants that were gifted to me from a friend who did IP and lost a ton of weight...

<Start dramatic music> I plucked the size 10 pants off the coathanger and stared at them. They looked small. Could my butt possibly fit into those pants? Feeling a little daring, I kicked off my nightgown and pulled them close. My spirits lifted slightly as they glided over my thighs. And, then... the moment of truth. I pulled the tab and button together and... they... closed!
    <end music>

They are a little too tight, so I won't be wearing them today... But, next time they call my name, I plan to wear them all day.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: Morning everyone

Being on phase 4 on this trip has been nice although a bit more challenging than I expected. Being on the road for 3 days off and on made it a bit harder than I thought to eat exactly as I should, nothing too major as obviously phase 4 isn't as rigid as phase 1, but now that we are more settled and grabbed a few groceries, things should get better I had my first official "cheat day" the other day and while I enjoyed some ribs and fries and even a daquiri, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It really is so true that our tastes change so much on this program!
    First, thank you for starting off the daily thread... I am looking forward to your reports of Phase 4. Sitting in Phase 1, it sounds scary... I know this program is all about learning/adapting/applying, but I've gotten so comfortable in Phase 1 everything else seems intimidating.

Have a great vacation and enjoy the warmth. Get some sun for me (I'm pale beyond belief).

Quote: Good morning all! One week off protocol and an am only up 6 lbs and starting to drop some pounds too! After I stopped protocol, I was up 11 lbs. So I have started to lose lbs after my initial gain back. First workout will be tonight and we will see if there is a difference. I think my last lbs until 200 will come off just fine on my non IP protocol.

Just thought I would update you all on my progress.
    Congratulations and thank you for sharing. Are you eating differently that you did before IP, even though you're not officially following maintenance?
  • Quote: NSV for me this morning as I looked in my closet at pants that were gifted to me from a friend who did IP and lost a ton of weight...

<Start dramatic music> I plucked the size 10 pants off the coathanger and stared at them. They looked small. Could my butt possibly fit into those pants? Feeling a little daring, I kicked off my nightgown and pulled them close. My spirits lifted slightly as they glided over my thighs. And, then... the moment of truth. I pulled the tab and button together and... they... closed!
    Haha! Love it! Congrats!
  • Yes...Congrats to you Pxlkitty4! Size 10! WOW, I don't even think I fit that EVER. Never in my adult life that's for sure, I've always been a 16/18. Can't wait to see a size 14! Getting close in the pants department for sure. Have an awesome day everyone!
  • Quote: Congratulations and thank you for sharing. Are you eating differently that you did before IP, even though you're not officially following maintenance?
    Yes. I am watching portions and mainly just the quality of foods. I have a bar for breakfast still, but eat a normal lunch and normal dinner. A snack my be a drink or bar or normal snack. I have even been to 2 buffets and controlled my eating. I will not say I have not over indulged, but I am doing much better. I have even had a few beers!

Seems to be working. We will see what next week holds for me!
  • Good morning everyone, am at work so just sneaking a moment. Congrats to everyone na px great size 10, that must make you feel great. I can't wait I don't think I ever wore size 10 either.

Juice - Great work, I am looking forward to your continued story off plan.
    brandy - congrats on hitting the 160s...
  • Quote: NSV to report this morning.

I looked in my closet at pants that were gifted to me from a friend who did IP and lost a ton of weight...

<end music>

They are a little too tight, so I won't be wearing them today... But, next time they call my name, I plan to wear them all day.
    Yay!! Congrats to you! I am waiting patiently to go and buy a pair of size ten pants. The smallest size I have in my closet are twelves and they are starting to get loose. I don't think I've been a size ten since 9th grade lol. Awesome job and keep up the great work!
  • It has been a week. I was finally trucking along and got to 247. Then we had two emergencies back to back in my family and alot of things came down on me to handle. I am tired. My plan went out the door and I have gained some, but I'm back. I am going to be looking good, come the end of the month.
  • Quote: Good Morning everyone! I was really excited to get my next shipment of food products in the mail yesterday...I was getting down to the nitty gritty. This is my 4th week on IP and I am FINALLY getting some energy back. It's so weird that some people have tons more energy and some of us feel completely drained at the end of the day.
    Anyways, off to work, but first I have to mak my herb and cheese omelette for lunch. One of my favorites!
    Catch up with the posts later...that's my favorite downtime thing to do, read all the posts, comments, and great tips everyone leaves behind.
    Have an awesome IP day!
    Would you please tell me the place you are getting your IP's from? Thanks.