IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 3 May 2011

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: Must be there are different soups and snacks out there~ I asked my counselor if they could get the Broccoli and aspargrass soups and the southwest cheese curls and got a big fat NO for an answer!! WTF??
    I don't understand why not?!?!

We don't have the asparagus soup but we just recently got the broccoli cheese soup (I had it for lunch today and actually enjoyed it).

My coach also recently got soy patties but I'm not really interested in those at this point in time.

I also love the SW Cheese curls! You get a lot of them too so they are great for munching on during a movie!

My coach is also pushing chicken noodle and vegetable beef soups but they don't come in the same silver packets (the packets are white) and I'm not convinced that they are IP since I haven't heard anyone else comment on them... The packets look very similar to the ProtiLife packets but they are much smaller. I'm not sure what to make of it.
  • Quote: I haven't dared try the turnips. I *heard* they are pungent and don't taste good. Dang, maybe I can try a small one and try making the fries.
    When I was preparing them I thought "these are going to suck" but that strong smell and I assume flavor when they are raw goes down the drain when you bake them. I cooked mine at 400 for about 10 min then sprayed them with allotted olive oil and cooked them at 400 on convection for another 5 min or so. I thought the same thing about the pungent flavor but it really does go away! I used sea salt, paprika, and some onion powder. They were really good. Glad I tried them!
  • I have a raging craving for onion rings with ranch today.
  • Goodmorning Ipers!

Congrats to everyone for all the victories, big, small and NSV!
  • Quote: I have not made the turnip fries yet, but have become obsessed with "fried" cauliflower. That is the most bizarre statement for me...but the crunchy salty thing makes me real, real happy. I am going to try the turnip fries soon, as everyone says they are delish.
    I loved the fried cauliflower too! Try the turnip fries, they are surprisingly good! I had the turnip sitting in my pantry and thought I better give it a try, glad I did! These are perfect for when you really want something "normal". My kids even liked them, LOL!
  • Thanks Susie Bee! I have ruled out all but 2. Just finished TOM, No big "C" yet (I'm so looking forward to that day) Brand new scale, so maybe just regular fluctuations. That's probably it. I do have thyroid probs, but on meds for it. Hmmph.
  • water
    I tried the MIO liquid water enhancer, it is so good. Makes the water go down very easily.
    Mary
  • J1stBeachy: That sounds delish. I have a cheese obsession. It is one of the things that keeps the words "Atkins" in the back of my mind. I miss cheese. And ranch. And all other sorts of naughties...

Geez, I don't even have PMS! LOL
  • Quote: Well I have a confession to make...I actually ordered a meat lovers pizza Friday night for my family (uh huh) and ate just the toppings and a big salad! It was soooo good! I figured the cheese is low carb...meat is protein can't be that bad...right??
    Quote: Thanks Susie Bee! I have ruled out all but 2. Just finished TOM, No big "C" yet (I'm so looking forward to that day) Brand new scale, so maybe just regular fluctuations. That's probably it. I do have thyroid probs, but on meds for it. Hmmph.
    Actually the toppings from the pizza could be the culprit, too. The sodium and fat in those toppings could definitely slow your loss.
  • Quote: I have not made the turnip fries yet, but have become obsessed with "fried" cauliflower. That is the most bizarre statement for me...but the crunchy salty thing makes me real, real happy. I am going to try the turnip fries soon, as everyone says they are delish.
    Please do share the "fried" cauliflower. Sounds delish!!
  • Quote: Well I have a confession to make...I actually ordered a meat lovers pizza Friday night for my family (uh huh) and ate just the toppings and a big salad! It was soooo good! I figured the cheese is low carb...meat is protein can't be that bad...right??
    Don't forget about the carbs in the tomato sauce.
  • Quote: I have a raging craving for onion rings with ranch today.
    Quote: J1stBeachy: That sounds delish. I have a cheese obsession. It is one of the things that keeps the words "Atkins" in the back of my mind. I miss cheese. And ranch. And all other sorts of naughties...

Geez, I don't even have PMS! LOL
    I totally get it! I think I should have been born a rat! I am having a really, really tough time staying away from cheese and milk, I love milk! When I was on a different low carb diet, we were able to have milk as long as it was whole milk and at night when I would be starving and feeling sorry for myself I would have a big glass of milk and it would fill me up and make me happy. I miss that. I have found that unsweetened almond milk has no sugar, fat or carbs and it is totally awesome as a shake with the chocolate protein powder, I don't think I could live without it now even if I wasn't on this diet. I have never ok'd this little find with anyone, it may not be allowed, but once a day when I am most hungry it helps so much. I mix it with water so 4 oz almond milk and 4 oz water and ice... so good and it fills you up!
  • FRIED CAULIFLOWER:

Preheat oven to 400.

1 serving of cauliflower florets
    2 tsp olive oil or grapeseed oil
    Season to your liking. I like cajun seasoning, but sea salt, garlic powder and chili powder are REALLY good too

Put in a shakeable container and shake until florets are evenly coated.

Put on METAL pan and and bake until browned and crispy, mixing them once or twice during cooking. Takes about 15 minutes.
  • Cheating?
    Sounds to me like there's a whole lot of cheating going on in today's thread.
    If you want to follow IP you must learn not to cheat. No cheese, no milk, no cheeto's. Everything has to be 0/0/0 or you will be disappointed in your loss. Those of us who have lost massive amounts of weight have not cheated. This is NOT atkins.
    OK, I'm done ranting.
    Mary
  • Quote: Sounds to me like there's a whole lot of cheating going on in today's thread.
    If you want to follow IP you must learn not to cheat. No cheese, no milk, no cheeto's. Everything has to be 0/0/0 or you will be disappointed in your loss. Those of us who have lost massive amounts of weight have not cheated. This is NOT atkins.
    OK, I'm done ranting.
    Mary

Amen, sister...