Big Mac in a Bowl

You're on Page 7 of 10
Go to
  • Bumping this up!
  • Quote: IMHO...the peanut butter is disgusting! I love regular peanut butter and I was so excited to get mine in the mail only to find that it is the most vile tasting thing I have ever put into my mouth
    Let me know if you like it when you do find it.
    Have a great IP weekend!
    Our store is out of the WF PB so I assumed it was good. Got a rain check for it. Why was it so bad? I'm craving PB like crazy right now and thought it would be good smeared on the omelet (yes, I love fried egg and PB sandwiches...)
  • Had Big Mac in a bowl for the first time. Will definitely be making it again.
  • I went to make it today and found that I bought 2 jars of sweet relish instead of one sweet and one dill. so I had 'hold the pickles" salad. lol
  • My wife and I had it the first time tonight.....really good and very realistic tasting vs the Big Mac - which I will never have again.
  • Quote: Our store is out of the WF PB so I assumed it was good. Got a rain check for it. Why was it so bad? I'm craving PB like crazy right now and thought it would be good smeared on the omelet (yes, I love fried egg and PB sandwiches...)
    I was craving PB too. I had heard that the WF PB is disgusting, but I thought I would give it a try. Save your money, it is horrendous! The consistency is nothing like PB, and the taste is even worse! It doesn't even remind me of PB. If you are craving PB and hope this will cure that, you will surely be disappointed...sorry
  • I saw the Big Mac in a Bowl "bump" and hadn't had it in awhile -- now craved it -- and didn't have any thousand island dressing. I DID have the WF mayo and ketchup, so I mixed a bit of that and it worked ok as a substitute. But I did have a whack of pickles in there to help with the flavour.

So if you have some WF products that are gross, just goes to show, you may be able to turn them into something else
  • Quote: I was craving PB too. I had heard that the WF PB is disgusting, but I thought I would give it a try. Save your money, it is horrendous! The consistency is nothing like PB, and the taste is even worse! It doesn't even remind me of PB. If you are craving PB and hope this will cure that, you will surely be disappointed...sorry
    Have you tried PB2, the peanut butter powder? I love it. It adds great PB flavor to puddings, shakes, stir fries etc. I think you can add water and turn it into a sauce or even peanut butter, but haven't tried that yet.

Quote: I saw the Big Mac in a Bowl "bump" and hadn't had it in awhile -- now craved it -- and didn't have any thousand island dressing. I DID have the WF mayo and ketchup, so I mixed a bit of that and it worked ok as a substitute. But I did have a whack of pickles in there to help with the flavour.

So if you have some WF products that are gross, just goes to show, you may be able to turn them into something else
    I'm having this tomorrow night, can't wait! My second Weight in is tomorrow and I'm buying my WF thousand island dressing then.
  • Quote: I was craving PB too. I had heard that the WF PB is disgusting, but I thought I would give it a try. Save your money, it is horrendous! The consistency is nothing like PB, and the taste is even worse! It doesn't even remind me of PB. If you are craving PB and hope this will cure that, you will surely be disappointed...sorry
    The WF peanut spread is pretty gross by itself, but I use it in a Pad Thai sauce and when you mix it with the soy sauce and spices it isn't too bad.

Quote: Have you tried PB2, the peanut butter powder? I love it. It adds great PB flavor to puddings, shakes, stir fries etc. I think you can add water and turn it into a sauce or even peanut butter, but haven't tried that yet.
    Just a heads up - PB2 is NOT ok to use on Phase 1 of IP. Anything not on the sheet has to be 0 carbs, 0 fat and 0 sugars in order to be allowed. PB2 has 1.5g fat, 5g carbs and 1g sugar per serving. I do know that many people use it in maintenance though!
  • Tried this last night for dinner and absolutely LOVED it. Gonna have it weekly.
  • I've never made this before and I have a question for those who have. When you've made it, do you brown the ground beef as you would to make taco meat... or do you form patties and make patties, and then chop up the patties?
  • Quote: I've never made this before and I have a question for those who have. When you've made it, do you brown the ground beef as you would to make taco meat... or do you form patties and make patties, and then chop up the patties?
    If I have ground beef, I just measure it, brown it and do the crumbles on the salad. If I have pre-made burger patties, I take 2 of them (4oz each for a total of 8oz), cook them up and then chop them for the salad
  • All of the reviews of this recipe left me curious, decided to try it tonight not only did I like it but it was a hit with DH...Made jicama chips to go with it....still perfecting them but very delicious none the less..
  • I tried something similar with ground chicken and I loved it
  • I made this last night and loved it! Very easy to make too.