Weighing yourself when doing WW online?

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • I only weigh once a week. I can't stand the fluctuations and they throw me off track if they are too extreme so I only weigh Monday morning. I won't even be able to do it tomorrow as I forgot to get a new battery for the darn scale DOH!
  • Weighing in...
    This is my 1st week on and I've been weighing myself every day. I'm amazed at so many fluctuations during the week..I lost 6lbs , so I'm very happy!!! I can relate to how it varies ,can make you crazy!!!
    Also here's something, when I started WW , I bought a new scale- to my surprise, it 20!!!!!!lbs off my old scale, talk about a wake up call. Major depression, but picked myself up and am more motivated than ever! Especially for my knees which are hurting more than ever...yup, it time...
  • When I first started the program, I was weighing myself almost daily at the same time each day. I think that the daily weigh in helped me keep track of where I was at and helped keep me accountable. As time has gone on I've tapered down to just a few times a week.
  • How much WW on line costs? Is it effective? Has any Indian cooking from scratch has done it?
  • I make Indian food regularly and calculate WW points. Monthly costs vary (there are usually some promotions you can snag), but between $10-18/month I think.
  • Quote: How much WW on line costs? Is it effective? Has any Indian cooking from scratch has done it?
    I paid $60. By paying for 3 months at once, the registration is free (or $1?) and the monthly fee is reduced.

It was worth every penny! I've been counting calories with my Bodybugg for a year. I reached a point where I wasn't losing and think I needed something fresh. That seems to be my MO. So I signed up and it's helped me choose better quality foods, and reduce my calories. I still track my calories with Bodybugg, but rely heavily on points to keep me on the right track. I have 3 months to decide if I'll stick with it or not.

I don't cook Indian, but I've already entered in a few of my own recipes. Starting is going to take the most time, but once you've done it awhile, have a good list of meals, recipes, and favorites, putting it in your food log gets faster and easier. Their database is really good too! I think you won't be disappointed.
  • I'm doing WW online as well. I chose my weigh in day to be Sunday mornings. Like many others, I weight after my morning pee, and usually just have my underoos on. Your weigh in should be something positive, even if it's a little change, so being consistent is important. I try not to weigh myself throughout the week but its always tempting. Today I weighed in in the morning and my first 10 lbs is gone, however I don't consider it official until I weigh in on Sunday and see that same number or less. Its a definite motivator though. I'm glad I did that this morning, it encourages me to incorporate some walking into my routine now. I am LOVING weight watchers!
  • My WW WI is on Thursdays, but I will usually step on the scale every morning. In the past, when I have gone a week without touching the scale, I tend to crash hard if the results aren't what I expected. At least with checking, I can see where I'm headed. I don't freak about fluctuations, I think about what I've eaten that may cause water weight, etc. I am working on removing the mental connection to the scale, but I'm not there yet. I would like to be in a place where I am only stepping on the scale once a week. Otherwise, I feel that the scale controls me. Weighing several times a day will just make you crazy, IMO. That's really about food density.

Good luck!