Would you recommend online WW?

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • The etools are very handy to convert your recipes to PP. There is little or no support from WW however other members are quite supportive and it is a good move until you get a handle on managing the program. While you are a member of WW there is a free iphone app which is a calculator/tracker. For non members I use iWatchr and also have Ultimate Value Dairy which uses pro points and has a huge data base of products.
  • Quote: T are a member of WW there is a free iphone app which is a calculator/tracker. For non members I use iWatchr and also have Ultimate Value Dairy which uses pro points and has a huge data base of products.
    Does this app work with the iphone?
  • All of those apps work on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad 2. I have them installed on each of these. The WW one syncs however the other two do not and there is some talk of them ultimately using dropbox or icloud which would be handy but not essential. iWatchr is a good one if you know your points because you can built your own data base and it does not require the internet. UVD is excellent because it has a huge online data base and I can't remember if this was available off line or not.
    I hope this helps.

Should have added the WW app will store your data until you are online. This is only available to WW members however. The UVD is the closest available app I have found. I have used to the data and PP from here to create my own data base with iWatchr. If you pay $1.29 NZ this app also includes the weigh chart which is not available on the free version. All available at iTunes.
  • Quote: While you are a member of WW there is a free iphone app which is a calculator/tracker. For non members I use iWatchr and also have Ultimate Value Dairy which uses pro points and has a huge data base of products.
    Does it need internet all the time, or is the database available offline. I have Edibles and Nutrition, but not too happy with them.
  • I've been on WW Online since January 18, 2012. It has worked very well for me; I've lost 53 pounds in that time. I use the online tracker on my PC and I love the supportive community there.
  • Hi everyone. I joined WW and have attended the meetings for the past two weeks. I am not sure if I will continue as I agree the meetings get pretty monotonous and pricey. I am committed to WW but will likely move to keeping things online. I would like to hear more stories about what people are going to.

Elaine
  • Hi there. I'm still doing WW online but I have to admit to being disgruntled. There are bugs in the website and when reported, the responses from WW are canned and don't address the issue. I'm going on week 3 of wrangling with them about a particular bug that still isn't fixed.

Otherwise, though, I still like the program although maybe not enough to keep paying cash when they don't respond to web page problems. I'm seriously considering leaving and just using My Fitness Pal which is free and works better. The thing that keeps me at WW now is a group of friends I've made there.
  • I had been doing the online WW and I think I became obsessed with food because I was gaining weight and staying on the online site all the time. I finally stopped going on there even though I paid for 3 months because it was cheaper. I think for some people it would be a great tool, but not for me. I do better on my own, just watching what I eat and counting calories and exercising.
  • Old thread but thought I'd add an updated post. I went ahead and joined online WW for the 3 month saver sale they had going. I've only been on it a few weeks, have lost a few lbs and am still discovering a lot on the site. It's working well for me and having never done ww before (always been a low carber) it's very handy to have the tools available and learn what foods and portions are good for me. I don't have as much as a lot of others to lose but as I age (57 and 17 yrs post menopausal) I found that I gain weight without eating more so, I need to do something. I live quite rural and there are no local meetings here and I don't think I would like that approach anyway. I've found no glitches so far with ww online and I have the phone app loaded which is really convenient while shopping too. Not sure yet how long I'll stay a paying member on the site and some of that will depend on if I can find apps/trackers that are as good as the ww ones.
  • I've done WW online. I does work well for those who can be accountable for themselves. If you're not so inclined, maybe the meetings will be a better choice. In any case, it still is all up to you to make it work.