Boredom

• Hi! I'm new and I need advice. I've been trying to up my exercise quotient, but I have discovered a few stumbling blocks. Right now, since it's winter and it's been too cold to walk outside -- I have Raynaud's Syndrome so it's hard for me even bundled up -- I do about 30 minutes on the treadmill or when I can access it, 15 minutes on my Nordic Track (trying to build up). Problem is that although I either listen to music or watch TV while doing them, I get bored as early as 10 minutes in.

Any suggestions for perking up a workout?
  • I find that novels on tape hold my interest.
  • Any you would recommend? I know some readers are better than others.
  • I use books on tape when I go on trips ... I go to the library and just browse through, read the jackets to see what catches my interest. I always check out several so if I start one and don't like it, I can nix it and go to another one ... there are so many, it's hard to single out any! The librarian may be of help if you like a particular genre.

Pen
  • I use booksontape.com, you can browse through bestsellers and pick something and they mail it to you in a pre-addressed postage paid box, so when you are finished, you just toss it in the mail and send it back to them. Of course, the library is cheaper, but I like the selection and convenience.
  • What kind of music are you listening to? Might want to try dance music.
  • I watch TV when I work out on my treadmill and have no problem with boredom. I also go to iFIT.com for my workouts. If you sign up they have a trainer and different music as well as video. You can sign up for a free 4 week trial to check it out then after that if you like it and you decide to sign up for a year it breaks down to less than $10 a month or up to $14 if you go from month to month. You can also just access the workouts with no perks for free.