Sweatin' to the Oldies

• I own the 30 day shred tape but haven't felt up to it's demandingness, and today is a rainy, yucky day, so I decided to clean up my room and pop in a Richard Simmons tape. Super fun! I got through about 30 minutes (I'm not sure how to check on a VHS tape)

Anyone else still use these tapes? I feel pretty good. Today was supposed to be a "day off" but I figured something light wouldn't hurt. I feel great! And it's always nice to see heavier people working out alongside the expert, as well. I'm very happy today!
  • Wow, blast from the past!! I worked out to those a long time ago. I wish I still had them though. I still think they are the best work out video I have ever used. So much fun. And like you said, I loved that they used bigger people on the videos. It made it much less intimidating.
  • I have no coordination, so I get half the moves wrong, but I try lol and that's at least worth something. They are really fun though, and it's a lot less intimidating to see bigger people in the videos, definitely. There was this really plump woman right behind him in the front row tearing it up! I wonder what she looks like now.
  • I have a couple of these too, and they're really fun!
  • Ooh, I know you got in a good workout! He's so hyper that you can't help but to pick up some of his energy! I think I need to search around on eBay or something to see if I can find me some Richard Simmons.
  • Ok, now I have to do a google search to see if I can find out what the Sweatin' to the Oldies people look like today!! You made me oober curious :-) I'll post if I find anything.
  • Ooooh I love sweatin to the oldies! My friend and I loved one of the videos so much that I went out and bought the DVD (unfortunately I moved and can not find it right now!!! grr. . . )
  • Dilli, let us know if you find anything I'm curious to see, too! Another rainy day and I'm looking for a change...looks like it's another tape
  • I'm up to 45 minutes of the VHS tape! I can't believe it. The tape is 60 min long in total, so I'll work my way up. I usually do the 45, then the last 20 the next day, then rewind the tape and do the 45 again later in the evening.
  • I have like 6 of those. He really helped people get up off the couch by making exercise fun.
  • He did! I have the first tape, somewhere. I'll have to give it a try once I'm tired of the second one.
  • I just worked out to Richard Simmon's Sweatin' to the oldies!!! It was so much fun!! I have not worked out for one year and 3 months. Ick. I am just gross and out of shape and I LOVE Richard Simmons so it made it a little easier to get off the couch.

I have the 20 year annv. dvd, of Sweatin to the Oldies which includes an interview with Richard and one of the gals that was in his original Sweatin to the Oldies video. I always wondered what ever happened to others that were on that video. What they look like now, and did they keep up the work- outs.
  • I used to do those in gym class! I think a place to find some would be youtube. I will check right now!! They were always fun and silly!!

Didn't really find any. Ebay may be the way to go.. not everything in life is free after all!
  • Richard Simmons is hiding someplace in my house, too, gotta dig it out !
  • We LOVE those in my house, but haven't used them in a long time. We actually have a box dvd set, it's so much fun! I think I ordered it on Amazon a couple years ago, and it wasn't too expensive at all. They're not easy either!!!