Looking for some good books =)

• I want to get some good e-books into my Ipad and I m wondering if anyone got any recommendations.

I usually love the type of books such as "chicken noddle soup" --> This is when I was really really young. I love inspiring novels too.

Anyone know any good books to grab ;D ?

Yes, I read the whole twilight series.
  • If you liked Twilight, how about the Sookie Stackhouse books? I've read them all and they are really good.
  • haha, I m not into vampires and all, but I liked twilight movies for some reason, though I never liked true blood.

Thank you for your suggestions though.
  • I'm reading Matched by Ally Condie right now, it seems pretty popular with Twilight fans. I like it a lot, the protagonist is not as whiny as Bella. Also Shiver and its sequel Linger were pretty popular with my students this fall. All of these are young adult books since I spend all my time with 14 year olds.
  • The Hunger Games series was really good and it's for young adults - but I loved it! If you ever read The Giver, it kind of reminds me of that, with the utopian societies and all, but with more action.

The Art of Racing in the rain is a touching book. It's written from a dog's perspective, which is kind of weird, but it's a good book. Not at all like Marley and Me.

Room: A Novel was crazy. It's about a boy and his mother stored away in a room.

Water for Elephants - the movie's coming out with Robert Pattinson in it. You've probably seen the previews.

I have a Kindle and I like to go through best selling books and see what looks interesting - I'm sure there's something similar for the iPad.
  • I enjoyed "Life of Pi" and "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" (this one is written from the perspective of an autistic boy, so an easy read but it was interesting in a fascinating way).... I like kinda weird books like that. The Elephant one someone mentioned above looks like something I would enjoy - I may have to go read it!
  • Oh yeah, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time was really good!

If you like weird books, read Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs. CREEPY.
  • "women, food l, and god" is an amazing book that is super apropos to this website and just super encouraging. I loved it and read it in a day--kind of self help-y but I'm a sucker for self help stuff. Her!

"speak" is a really moving young adult read--also quick but really great. Also moving is a memoir called "the year of magical thinking"--difficult to get through at times but worth it. Beautiful and sad.

"breakfast of champions," "the bonfire of the vanities," and anything by chuck klosterman or Dave eggers are all time favorites for me and well worth investigating

happy reading!!
  • Someone in another post mentioned that they love to listen to audiobooks while going for a walk (and only allow themself to listen to the book when walking). So if they got to a really good part - they would have to continue walking in order to hear

Thought that was a good idea so I just downloaded the audiobook for Water for Elephants - off to walking!
  • If She Only Knew - Lisa Jackson...it's a mystery, I'm not done yet (so am reluctant to recommend it), but I can't put it down!

Oh, and I second the Hunger Games series. Amazing!
  • Another vote for the Hunger Games! I read the first book on Wednesday, finished it Thursday and am going to read the rest this weekend.