HUGE Eye Opener!

• Hey ladies and gents,

So last night was a very awesome night for me! As of latley, I have been very down about my progress. I try very hard to keep my mind in a good place, and always stay positive.. but I gotta tell ya, easier said than done!

I cannot get the number on the scale to go down. I have been doing 2x a days for about a month and a half, and been eating low-no carb for a month! And still, nothin!

Now, I know that I am not alone when I say that despite what others say, when I look in the mirror I still see room for HUGE improvment. Its like the person I see, and the person that others see is a completely different person. I have never NEVER been thin or in shape. I have always been the chunky one. Even as a child/teenager. Up until I had my son, I was chunky. I cannot remember being under a size 10 or 12, even at 15-16 years old. When I got pregnant, I lost a lot of weight (due to terrible nausea), and wore a size 8 pair of jeans the day I went in to labor (with a rubber band holding the button of course). By the time my son was 6 months old- I had gained about 35 pounds (putting me at 155ish) which given my height isnt too bad, but it was purley fat. I didnt have muscle at all! By the time my son was 4 I had gained another 31 pounds, putting me at 186lbs! Size 14 (and sometimes those were snug).

I have two trainers. One of them is a gal who has lost about 50 pounds. She started at 196- and she is now about 145. It is motivation for me to see her results and prgress and strive for that! When I look at her, I think she looks awesome! She is thin, and toned. And I want that for myself... well.. I am happy to say that last night when I got my measurments done, my waist, and hips are the SAME size as hers, and my arms are an inch SMALLER! WTHeck!?!

I feel sooo much better about myself knowing that I am a lot smaller than my foolish "never good enough" mind allows me to see. I am still about 20 pounds heavier than her but I figure thats made up by a combination of things- I am C cup- she is an A cup. I have a big ghetto booty (smaller, but still out there, not much we can do there) and I am also 4inches taller.

Just wanted to share my little "happy moment". And I suppose encourage people to not pay attention to what the scale, or even the mirror says. Our minds really do us in sometimes. I am completely thrilled that I was able to see this, it totally changed my mental mind set!

Thanks for listening!!
  • One size definitely does not fit all- I'm in the high 180s low 190s and people I know who are 10-20 lbs lighter than me wear the same size. I'm currently in a size 14 btw.

Glad you are happy with your results so far
  • Don't you just love those moments? Congrats on your amazing progress It's only going to get better from here!
  • Thanks ladies! I absoloutly love those moments!!

I am learning everyday to just love my body, no matter where it is!
  • I does seem like we're always less impressed by ourselves than other who accomplish the same thing. But that's ok b/c we can always decide that we should get the full credit for our efforts and make ourselves pay up!
  • Quote: Thanks ladies! I absoloutly love those moments!!

I am learning everyday to just love my body, no matter where it is!
    Fantastic! I love reading your posts here... you are always upbeat and motivational. Even though I don't post or respond a lot just wanted you to know that you are helping others with your progress and killer attitude!!