Elliptical is making my toes numb

• This is so weird... I've been doing the elliptical for the past week because I've hurt my hip and I can't use the treadmill. The elliptical is the only machine that isn't putting pressure on my sore hip. I can go for an hour up to an hour and a half on it and towards the end of my session my toes go numb on both feet... Just my toes... Does anybody know what this could mean?
  • wow, that is so weird, ME TOO!!! Sorry to tease you with what you probally think is an answer, but the only thing I can think of is, is your foot all the way up to the top? I know I keep putting my feet close to the top & need to move them back HTH!
  • Yeah actually they are! LOL Maybe I should move them closer the middle? or all the way to the back?
  • This used to happen to me if I used the elliptical for more than 45 min. I started using a treadmill, so I don't have to deal with it anymore, but just know that you're not alone!
  • Shift your feet back on the pedals, and as much as possible, try to push with your whole foot with weight more on your heels, instead of pushing with just your toes.
  • Happens to me too. I'm not on an elliptical very often, but I'll have to check my feet placement next time.
  • Happens to me too. What I do is get off and walk for a min if I start to feel them numbing up, but going backwards seems to almost eliminate the problem. You can also try lifting your toes on each step. Its caused by lack of bloodflow to your toes since you aren't picking up your feet... just like when they "fall asleep" after sitting in certain positions.
  • Hi there

My toes go numb on elliptical and when I do RPM and my trainer told me it was because I'm peddling with the front of my feet when I should be pushing with my heels, so I have to concentrate on my heels while peddling
  • hhmmm...heel peddleing I'll have to try that too! but I now keep my feet in the middle!
  • That's happens to me on my recumbent bike! So weird! I'll try moving them and shifting my weigh as I pedal, that is great advice.
  • Thanks everyone for all the great replies!