The Scale Says No, But the Tape Measure Says Yes

• The scale is up this week. No surprise, sloppy counting, way too much bread, the usual causes.

But I've been doing 5 yoga classes a week for the past 2 months or so, and my pants (the smaller ones) keep falling off.

So, I tracked my weight this week, and then I got out the tape measure. Most things (except my arms) are down between .25-.75 inches, my bras are now fastening on the smallest clip instead of the largest, and I can feel a big difference in yoga poses (less fat roll getting in the way.)

I know I have more weight to lose, but it really helps to have other ways to measure my progress even when the scale goes up.

What other ways do you measure "success?"
  • That's great! I lost alot of inches when i was doing spinning in my thighs and hips and waist. Due to circumstances, i haven't been active and need to get moving again. I was an AVID gym goer, 4-5 times a week, now nothing
  • I can ALWAYS tell by my tummy. Although the scale is hopping back and forth, my tummy seems to be getting flatter and flatter. I took my measurements on 2/21 so i'm waiting til 4/21 to take them again. Cant wait to see the results!
  • I measure success in how my clothes fit. I also notice I have more energy and endurance during my workouts. The non-scale victories are just as important and make me feel good!! Congrats!!
  • My latest non-scale discovery was that I had to pee really bad and pulled my pants right down without unbuttoning them. I know, TMI!
  • Quote: My latest non-scale discovery was that I had to pee really bad and pulled my pants right down without unbuttoning them. I know, TMI!
    Ha! That happened to me sort of. I was running around the house doing my saturday chores and my pants (the smaller ones already) kept bagging more and more. I was getting so annoyed. Finally I just yanked them down, while standing in the kitchen, without unbuttoning them. I was like "ok, I guess you are too big now too."
  • Now I just need to get my hands to say "no" to picking up the cheese and bread and putting it in my mouth.
  • Quote: My latest non-scale discovery was that I had to pee really bad and pulled my pants right down without unbuttoning them. I know, TMI!
    That happened to me yesterday afternoon!!! I had to pee so badly that I didn't think I was going to make it to the bathroom (I'm a teacher and only have short amounts of time that I can schedule in bathroom breaks). Thankfully I just pulled the pants straight down and saved some time LOL