Humor me, please.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • How bad would these be to use to "bread" chicken with maybe once a week or less? On Phase 2.

FRENCH'SŪ ORIGINAL FRENCH FRIED ONIONSNet Wt.: 6 oz (170g)
    Nutrition FactsServing size: 2 Tbsp (7g) Servings: 24 Calories: 45 Fat Cal.: 30
    Amount Per Serving % DV*
    Total Fat 3.5g
    Sat.Fat 1.5g
    Trans Fat 0g 5%
    8%

Cholest. 0mg 0%
    Sodium 60mg 3%
    Total Carb. 3g 1%
    Fiber 0g
    Sugars 0g 0%

Protein 0g
    Vitamin A
    Vitamin C
    Calcium
    Iron
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
    INGREDIENTS:
    Palm Oil, Wheat Flour, Onions, Soy Flour, Salt and Dextrose.
  • probably not the end of the world, but it should be said that they aren't technically phase 2 legal.
  • Yes, I know. Is it because of the palm oil, or the dextrose?
  • That would throw me into out of control eating land. No phase 1 or 2!!! Maybe you will be okay with it?
  • The only bread I will eat is sprouted grain (wheat free, yeast free, gluten free, dairy free)...no reaction. French meadow spelt bread!!!
  • It kind of depends on who you are, but I would avoid it as much as possible. It also depends on how much you eat.

Avoid it as much as possible, and when you do eat it, don't eat much.
  • Quote: Yes, I know. Is it because of the palm oil, or the dextrose?
    and the wheat flour
  • Sorry, I wouldn't use it. One of the really bad things I used to put on healthy veggies and serve to my family.
  • I'm thinking about using it when I feel like I need to cheat but want to keep it low key. We'll see-I'm not there yet.
  • M, have you ever tried breading your chicken with a mixture of Parmesian cheese and Mrs. Dash?

I don't know if it would satisfy you when you're feeling the need to cheat but my family really likes it, especially when I do the chicken on the countertop grill. My DH and DS prefer it to breadcrumbs now.
  • No, I haven't tried that (and happen to have both on hand). How do you make the cheese/md stick -do you use egg first?
  • Quote: No, I haven't tried that (and happen to have both on hand). How do you make the cheese/md stick -do you use egg first?
    I suppose you could, I've never needed to. I always give my chicken a quick rinse before I use it anyway, so it's damp enough for the cheese mixture to stick nicely.
  • Heidi, thanks for sharing that idea. I'm going to try it too. After gaining 2 lbs after eating one little old ww pancake, I'm staying away from grains for a long time and this sounds like a winner to me.
  • When I have a craving for something fired, I dip my chicken in spicy mustard and a little Panko bread crumbs and put it in the oven for 25 minutes...This is delicious...not sure it is so SBF but it satisfies my cravings...
  • Are panko breadcrumbs ok, crew?