feathers I thought you might get a kick out of this :)

• My weight jumped up 15+ lbs 2 weeks ago, so Ive been back on a very strict low carb/low cal diet lately. Im very friendly with my coworkers and I spend enough time there I often eat all my meals...and frankly people notice if you are dieting. So I just dont try to hide it. Last night they were gently teasing me about being so low carb (I wouldnt have a glass of wine with them and dinner was carb free as we ate in the kitchen at the office).

But late last night I got this IM from a coworker friend:
    COWORKER: hey btw.. as i guy, i'm obligated to tell you..
    don't go crazy with this whole dieting thing. those jeans looked quite nice today

How sweet, right? Guys never say things like that!
  • Nice compliment ! Congratulations on your loss.
  • That's really sweet...
  • Aww that was sweet!! Congrats on what I consider a NSV!
  • Quote: My weight jumped up 15+ lbs 2 weeks ago, so Ive been back on a very strict low carb/low cal diet lately. Im very friendly with my coworkers and I spend enough time there I often eat all my meals...and frankly people notice if you are dieting. So I just dont try to hide it. Last night they were gently teasing me about being so low carb (I wouldnt have a glass of wine with them and dinner was carb free as we ate in the kitchen at the office).

But late last night I got this IM from a coworker friend:
    COWORKER: hey btw.. as i guy, i'm obligated to tell you..
    don't go crazy with this whole dieting thing. those jeans looked quite nice today

How sweet, right? Guys never say things like that!
    I LOVE it!!! J.
  • That is really awesome. Congrats on rocking the jeans!
  • Psht, yeah, nice compliment!! LOL! That would have made me feel awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • love love love it!
  • Win! I'm very impressed with how quickly you lost the weight, haven't you gone down 19 pounds in just two weeks?
  • Thanks for the feedback feathers, thought you would all get a laugh from it

And krampus - yeah my weight has flown off this last time. But in fairness it flew on just as fast and Im guessing ~1/2 of that 19lbs was water and colon bloat (sorry if thats tmi). Before topping back out at 149 I had literally gained 10lbs in 10days and even the 5lbs before that came on in about a week too. Was insanity!
  • Very nice!! Great job
  • It's even nicer since most guys won't usually go out of their way to say something like that -- congrats! You must have looked extra hot in those jeans!