Reminder charms/bracelets, etc?

• I'm having such a hard time lately with binging. In my mind on a good day I KNOW what I should say to myself when I want to binge, but in that moment, my other brain turns on and goes "oh well, whatever, you'll be fine." I keep wondering if some sort of charm or bracelet or something that I could make would help as a visual reminder in those moments? Or does that sound weird? Do any of you use helpers like that in any way? Does it work? I'm just so at my wits end about this and need to turn my ship around.
  • I think that sounds like a fantastic idea. I like to look at my reasons for wanting to lose weight that I keep in my diary whenever I feel like I'm struggling. I think I prefer your idea ya know.

What kind of charms would you keep on it?
  • I have used a variety of reminders - rubber band on my wrist, bracelet, thumb ring, necklace, anklet - basically anything new and different that will bug me enough to fiddle with it and then I remember why I am wearing it. It really does help when my discipline is lagging or I am recovering from days of eating off plan. I am of the opinion to do healthy whatever is necessary, any trick in the book to be successful this time.
  • Thanks for your input ladies. I made myself a bracelet last night and I like it. I got beads I like from the bead store but one is a nice ceramic one with the Om symbol on it. I'm hoping I can use that one to remind me that whatever it is I think I'm feeling, binging won't help, it can only hurt. I tried to think to myself all of the reminders I wanted it to "contain" as I made it, like, "you only ate an hour ago. You can wait two more hours before you eat again.", etc. I was SORT of tempted to get get letter beads spelling out IDBA, for I Don't Binge Anymore, but didn't want to have to answer any questions about it. Easier if I just know why I made it.

We'll see. Regardless, it's a cute bracelet anyway.