Ashamed of myself

• So, my whole household was sick for 2 weeks with a stomach bug. I completely fell off the wagon and gained almost half of what I lose back :-(
    This sucks!
  • don't think on it. get back on and try again. it's a minor setback -- that you can say that you fell off at all is a positive, because it at least means that you were willing to do something in the first place. keep on truckin'!
  • sorry everyone was sick! i hate it when a sickness goes 'round and 'round the household. seems like nobody is ever gonna get well. just be thankful that they do and get back on the path you started. detours happen.

you lost them once, you can lose them again and then some!
  • I can empathize with you, I had a bad bout of flu at the end of last year/start of this year which really messed up my diet. I went from not being able to keep fluids down and dropping a lot of weight, to getting over that part and being so hungry I ate everything plus my family were buying me milkshakes out of concern xD, The scale went up by 10lbs, but once I got back to exercise and counting calories 5lbs just came right off.
    My very unscientific theory is that you burn more calories when ill sometimes :P
    And of course, you do need to eat properly to help you get better, so definitely try and eat the healthy but perhaps higher calorie foods of that sort.