Introductions - 2010-2012

You're on Page 11 of 25
Go to
  • Screen Name: memoree
    Age/Age Range: 41
    Family Life: Happily married w/ children (ages 13 and 3)
    Hobbies and Interests: Scrapbooking, Computer web design, Reading, Arts & Crafts, Travel and LOVE the beach!
    Favorite Music: Top 40, Pop, Rock, R&B, Hip Hop
    Favorite Color(s): Pink
    Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Honest, I have no favorite right now, I hate them all! But if I had to choose, probably power walking.
    What are your fitness/health goals? Eat healthy, work out at least 3 times a week for the rest of my life.
    What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I’m over 40, not fit and a diabetic. I just decided this was it, I’m done eating crap. Time to get healthy.
    What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Chocolate and carbs. My weaknesses. I am an emotional eater too. I eat when I’m bored, happy, sad, doesn’t matter to me as long as I can eat.
    What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I really need to drink more water, get more sleep and keep motivated!
    (Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? No one really. I just want my husband to look at me and think I’m the hottest woman on earth!
    What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? All the cute clothes out there. I can’t wait to go shopping and be able to wear whatever I want instead of having to “settle” for what they have for the fat girl.
  • Screen Name:loose2gain

Age/Age Range:27

Family Life:

Hobbies and Interests:reading

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:none..though trying to like it

What are your fitness/health goals? to loose 50 kgs and atleast be able to run a mile

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? when my divorce judge said it was justified of my husband to hit me since i am so fat

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? sticking to my diet,not binging when things don't go my way. i hope i can be consistent this time

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
    1. start exercising
    2. drink more water
    3. stick to my diet and not give up mid way

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : lol...my ...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
    oh normal clothes and maybe tht lil black dress also some day
  • Hello Lovely Ladies

I'm helping with casting for a new reality show and we're looking for people who suspect that their husbands are cheating on their diets.

Did you and your hubby both commit to eating well, but think that he's having midnight snacks?

We want to partner with you to bust him in the act! It would be the ultimate "GOTCHA!" on national TV.

Very fun and light-hearted.

PAY for stories that make it on the show!

Send us an email with your contact info and interest to petpeeve101 (at) yahoo (dot) com

*Southern CA residents preferred, but send us your stories anyway!
  • Screen Name: BecauseIcan

Age/Age Range:29

Family Life: Married for 10 years, 2 daughters age 7 and 4.

Hobbies and Interests: I volunteer with the local animal shelter 2-3 days a week. I also enjoy spending time with friends and family.

Favorite Music: Pop, rock, country, soft rock, pretty much anything made after 1970.

Favorite Color(s): blue & purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I don't love exercise (big shocker) but I've become good friends with my treadmill and I'd love to have an exercise bike.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to avoid the high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease and strokes that many people in my family have not been so fortunate to avoid. Also, I want to get below 200 lbs. and stay there!!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I got on the scale and realized I weighed the same as I did the day I delivered my second child 269 lbs.!!! And she was born 4 1/2 years ago. Also, reconnecting with old classmates on social networks made me see that a lot of the people I went to school with look better now than they did in high school. I want to atleast look how I did when I got married "/

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Well I am fighting 3 evils right now...will power, plateaus, and wanting *other* people
    to notice that I've lost 40 lbs.
    What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I should exercise more, right now I do 4 nights a week. I could always drink more water. And I really shouldn't give in to temptation on occasion!!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself 10 years ago

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A pair of jeans my husband bought me when we were dating. They've been hanging in my closet for years and I will probably cry the day they fit. Also, I want to be able to shop in any store and not have to go to the plus size section. I don't need to shop in the juniors section but I'm tired of old "granny" looking clothes being my only choice because of my size.

Family Life: Engaged

Hobbies and Interests: Everything, will try everything once... and like most of it

Favorite Music: Everything but country and hiphop...

Favorite Color(s): currently, magenta... but it changes every month

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking my dog, yoga/strength training with my Wii...

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be at a healthy BMI for my age/body size.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Family... and hating how i looked in the mirror.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating when im bored, eating just for the sake of eating and eating unhealthy things!!!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Work out regularly, eat healthy things, not let anyone else's opinon of my body effect me negatively.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Oh, there is a long long list... myself when i was in college... every female in my family and every single one of my fiance's exs!!! Better than i could ever expect me to in the mirror!!!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I cant wait to easily close zipper on my sexy black dress... with no rolls anywhere in sight!!!!
  • Introduce Yourself!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screen Name:Jellytot

Age/Age Range:37

Family Life:Married to a great guy and we have 2 boys 2 and 5 years old

Hobbies and Interests:Music mostly playing Piano and Flute

Favorite Music:Anything but country. I listen to a lot of classical

Favorite Color(s):Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:I don't know yet. I am going to try Zumba along with working out in the gym.

What are your fitness/health goals? To have healthy BMI for my age/height. Mine is extremely high.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Seeing all of the people around me turn skinny.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Drinking enough and eating enough. I tend to not eat enough calories and I don't always make great choices when I do eat.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. Eat properly and enough calories 2. Exercise I just need to get up and do it. 3. Take in more fluids! This is what I need to work on the most.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look better than my fat friend who is no longer fat! I was always the skinny girl but not after marriage and kids. There should be a warning on marriage licences. "Warning after signing this certificate you may become fat and less active due to sudden laziness, money shortage and children."

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Can you see my avatar? I want to have legs as sexy as those and be able to wear those red shoes with fear of them snapping.
  • Quote: Introduce Yourself!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screen Name:Jellytot

Age/Age Range:37

Family Life:Married to a great guy and we have 2 boys 2 and 5 years old

Hobbies and Interests:Music mostly playing Piano and Flute

Favorite Music:Anything but country. I listen to a lot of classical

Favorite Color(s):Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:I don't know yet. I am going to try Zumba along with working out in the gym.

What are your fitness/health goals? To have healthy BMI for my age/height. Mine is extremely high.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Seeing all of the people around me turn skinny.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Drinking enough and eating enough. I tend to not eat enough calories and I don't always make great choices when I do eat.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. Eat properly and enough calories 2. Exercise I just need to get up and do it. 3. Take in more fluids! This is what I need to work on the most.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look better than my fat friend who is no longer fat! I was always the skinny girl but not after marriage and kids. There should be a warning on marriage licences. "Warning after signing this certificate you may become fat and less active due to sudden laziness, money shortage and children."

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Can you see my avatar? I want to have legs as sexy as those and be able to wear those red shoes without fear of them snapping.
  • Screen Name: SplendidSparrow

Age/Age Range: Twenty one

Family Life: Single

Hobbies and Interests: Makeup, Music

Favorite Music: I have peculiar addiction to music, my favorite song seems to change from day to day.

Favorite Color(s): Pink!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I'd love to get back into running, right now its those dance Dvds!

What are your fitness/health goals? Fitness wise I'd like to be a runner again. Health wise I want to be in a healthy BMI range (even if just so the doctor wouldn't harass me :P).

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I think it boils down to looking in the mirror and being completely unhappy with what i see.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional eating, boredom eating (in the evenings) and eating way to freaking much sometimes.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. I need to be aware of everything I put in my mouth. 2. I need to make proper choices in terms of food (unprocessed, no added sugar). 3. I need to stop making excuses for not exercising.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My best friend, who happens to be a dancer, from high school....*evil laughter*.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A super cute dress and not have my thighs rub together.
  • Screen Name: gracesmomma

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: I'm a housewife to my sweet husband and mother to a beautiful 2 year old daughter

Hobbies and Interests: getting through the day

Favorite Music: I have a very ecclectic musical palate

Favorite Color(s):PINK!!!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: love doing cardio... about to start circuit training

What are your fitness/health goals? to be down to my goal weight so that ultimately I can live a longer, healthier life with my wonderful family

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? my doctor said that this is the perfect time to lose weight

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I used to suffer from anorexia (guess I over compensated), and I have some trouble with binging... I'm having to start from scratch and learn how to eat all over again especially now that I have a baby.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? motivation, meal planning, not falling back into restrictive eating habits associated with eating disorders

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : there's not really one person I want to look better than.... I guess just better than I look now

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my super expensive custom jeans they are awesome!!
  • Screen Name:dekarlo08

Age/Age Range:32

Family Life:Married with 3 beautiful children

Hobbies and Interests: my kids

Favorite Music:Anything but country.

Favorite Color(s):All of them!!!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Im doing insanity now but I love body pump/combat

What are your fitness/health goals? I want a great looking healthy body

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I realized that my sister, who has always weighed at least 100 pounds more than me, was now almost my weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating!!!! I can exercise everyday, no problem. But then I come home and eat like a pig.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Stop eating just because I'm bored, more weight training not just cardio, and be consistant!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look better than my sister. She got the lap band a couple of years ago and has lost almost 100 pounds. I'm so jelous of her it makes me sick.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A fitted pencil skirt, a beautiful blouse, and heels
  • Screen Name: i typed it in wrong, it should say, "im in it to lose it" but it was late, and i typed too quickly, so it says, "im in to to lose it"

Age/Age Range: 18

Family Life: live with family

Hobbies and Interests: Art, reading, blogging, writing, tumbling, tweeting, dreaming

Favorite Music: Indie, and then of course, rap for me is good during workouts

Favorite Color(s): pink, purple, blue, green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical or treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? to be able to RUN 3 miles without stopping, at a consistent speed! (7 min miles!)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My clothes are getting too tight, I want to be able to wear a bathing suit in the summer for once. Also, I don't want to exit my "teen years" overweight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying motivated when I don't see progress

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Not eating when I'm bored, going to the gym despite being "tired", MODERATION!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my skinny teeny tiny best friends!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? SKIMPY LITTLE BIKINI! also cute little dresses, and jean shorts (I haven't worn a pair of jean shorts since middle school), and TANK TOPS!
  • Hello!
    Screen Name: Britt7

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Engaged, 2 lovely girl doggies :-D

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Building model kits

Favorite Music: I listen to just about anything

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Power Sculpt

What are your fitness/health goals? To be a healthier me. I want to get down to my goal weight.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Umm.. I just don't feel comfortable in my own body.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying on track.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Not getting bored with my exercise plan, Staying with my calorie counting, Living in the moment and not giving up

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A pretty dress.
  • Screen Name: chickadee dee dee

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: husband (we're still newlyweds ) and a 7 month old shih tzu

Hobbies and Interests: drawing/painting, knitting, crosswords, hanging out with hubby, watching movies

Favorite Music: country, pop, some rock

Favorite Color(s): indigo, dark green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: the elliptical is awesome, also strength training makes me feel stronger, even if it's not quite true yet

What are your fitness/health goals? lose the weight I've regained, and just become overall healthier for when we want to start trying to have babies

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
    The clothes that I bought when I lost weight no longer fit, and my "fat" clothes are starting to feel snug. I'm tired of feeling lethargic and yucky.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? staying positive/believing I can do this, and staying on track

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
    1) the one mentioned above
    2) Going to the gym, even when I don't feel like it and I make excuses for not going
    3) Writing in my food log daily

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I'm not sure, lol

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Cute clothes!!!
  • Screen Name: lulabellabeauty

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: raising two beautiful twin baby girls and dealing with a husband lol

Hobbies and Interests: reading and writing and decorating

Favorite Music: mostly anything but i'm not a big fan of rap music

Favorite Color(s): i love all colors, but purple is my least favorite

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking

What are your fitness/health goals? to be able to do intense workouts (i struggle with exercise because i have a very bad back, which is actually why i need to exercise!)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? i worked very hard to lose weight after my twins were born last year and i gained it all back plus some (doesn't that always happen?) and i'm sick of yo-yo dieting

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? using food to help me feel better (i'm aware of it more though than i ever have been which is a good thing)

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? drinking more water (very hard for me because i urinate frequently) not making excuses and finding suitable exercises for me

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : actually i don't have an evil motivation

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a sexy slim fitting dress with heels!
  • Screen Name: Amanda0585

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: I have 3 wonderful boys, 5, 3 and 10 months!

Hobbies and Interests: Love to read and take walks

Favorite Music: I listen to it all

Favorite Color(s):
    blue, green
    Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, hopefully can start running

What are your fitness/health goals? Go up a flight of stairs and not be gasping for breath after

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Left a bad relationship and wanted a fresh start in all areas.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I'm an emotional eater...and I get very emotional lol Need to find something else to entertain me, comfort me and learn not to grab food everytime I'm mad, sad, happy...

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1) Need to exercise consistently 2) Not to give up everytime I slip 3)Stop quiting so easily in general

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister. She's just an ince taller than me and she weighs maybe 135. She can buy all the nice clothes

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A skirt