A Bingefest = ?

• I'm frustrated because I keep bingeing once a day and I don't know how to stop. I keep meaning to exercise but I just don't because I'd rather binge. I don't need "You can do it, we believe in you!" kind of things. I need reality, cold and fast about what I'm doing to myself. I need a kick in the butt - anyone want to help with that?
  • You could try reading through the hundreds of postings in this thread about bingeing -you're sure to find one or more ideas that could get you started in the right direction. Look for a plan that you can realistically do and make an effort to try. The ONLY way is to take action -just wanting something isn't enough. Consider yourself "kicked in the butt" !! L.
  • Quote: I'm frustrated because I keep bingeing once a day and I don't know how to stop. I keep meaning to exercise but I just don't because I'd rather binge. I don't need "You can do it, we believe in you!" kind of things. I need reality, cold and fast about what I'm doing to myself. I need a kick in the butt - anyone want to help with that?
    At what point do you think you thought it was a good idea to take off your big girl pannies? And I don't mean fat girl pannies, I mean the big girl ones that help you keep from unleashing that 2 year old inside you.

You said you keep meaning to exercise? Well what do you think would happen if you meant to put gas in your car, you meant to wash those clothes, or you meant to go to work but you didn't because you just didn't feel like it? That's right you'd run out of gas, not have any clean clothes to wear and probably get fired. Well, guess what is going to happen if you don't stop bingeing and start exercising? You are going to get the same thing you have right now.

If you want some things to change in your life, you gotta change some things in your life.

Was that the kick you needed? If you need more let me know but if you needed less I can edit the post and do that too.

And now I will go and take my own kick butt advice.
  • Do you know why you binge? Forget the exercise and focus on the bingeing for now. Do you think there may be deep emotional issues, or is it something easier like not eating enough all day and then bingeing at night? Or maybe eating something with sugar that makes you want everything in the cupboard.

I binge when I deprive myself,
    and I binge when I eat sugar.
    During those times its almost like I'm possessed and its pretty well impossible to stop.
    But when I don't feel deprived, starving, and I didn't have sugar, i have zero urge to binge. Ever.

So I think the first step is to figure out the reason you binge.