Type 1 and Having issues eating- Advice?

• Okay, so I couldn't figure out where to start about asking question so I figured I would start here!

For about a week, I've been getting really sick... I've been severely dizzy to the point I have fallen four times, I can barely keep my balance, and my chest feels awfully odd, like it's stretching, or expanding- heck, I dunno how to explain it. But it hurts.

Also, I have not been hungry at all, and when I do try and eat, I take a bite and am ready to puke. I started drinking slimfast so I'd have some sort of nutrients in my body, and a bit of vegetable juice in between, and that is all I can keep down.

During all this my blood glucose was fine and no ketones were present. (I check whenever I'm sick just to make sure.) THen, tonight, out of absolutely NOWHERE, with literally nothing in my system, My sugar shot to 325 and my ketones were on the highest end of the scale.

Is this, uh... problematic? XD

Any advice you could give would be 100% appreciated. Thanks, dolls!~~
  • most type 1 will get high sugars in the presence of infection, and you sound sick! I would check in with your doctor asap.