my weird but exciting NSV

• I have always hated my fingers/hands. I have short stumpy sausage fingers with dimples at the top knuckles like a baby. It really bothers me and I've even said it would be a waste for me to ever wear a wedding ring cuz my hands are so not cute.

Anyway ... last week a friend took a pic of me at a bday party and my hands looked downright slender. It might be a silly thing to be excited about, but it's something that's bothered me for years. I'll try to post pics soon.
  • This cracks me up but I totally know what you mean! I feel the same way about my toes. I hope they slim down a bit!

Congrats on finally liking your fingers
  • Thanks! Here are a couple pics-

Before hand pic:

Recent pic
  • Wow!! There really is a huge difference!
  • Hi I can relate to your nsv..my mom passed 3 yrs ago and she had beautiful hands,she could have been a hands model. as you can tell i admired her hands,i have pudgy little hands,my youngest daughter has hands like her. since my weight loss of 75# i realized i have my moms hands only smaller.you cant imagine how tickeled i was to discover that! rosey
  • I get it! My hands can make me a little self-conscious, and there is nothing I can really do about them, so there will not be a NS hand V for me! LOL I have what I call "old lady" hands and have for a long time. They look about 20 years older than the rest of me. Once, on a third date with someone who didn't know about my hand issues, he was holding my hand across a table in a coffee-shop and said "You have the most beautiful hands. I could look at them all day." I told him they weren't beautiful, they were old lady hands. He said that he could see how I felt that way, but that he thought they gave them character. He was an odd one....
  • I dont think they were too bad before, but they do look much more slender!

This was definitely a NSV I remember having, so i can relate

Congrats and keep noticing the wins wherever they come.