Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Default I hate relapses!

So, I'm very frustrated with myself. I was doing very well with not bingeing. I never bought anything I knew that was *bad* for myself. But as soon as I go home for spring break, I realized my parents had those scary foods stocked in their kitchen. I hoped I would win the battle, but no... I went through a can of chocolate frosting, and several ice cream shakes I made for myself. I feel sick, emotionally and physically. I don't want to weigh myself, and I haven't exercised since I got home even though there's a gym next door. I know what I should do, I guess I just need encouragement that life does go on after a binge. What helps you all after a relapse?
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

and more I have had so many relapses. After it happens, I feel like I can never get back on track, but you know what? I do. I absolutely do because I make myself remember how good it feels to be on track and in control. I also know that all it takes for me to get on track is to have one good day. One day where I'm really on track and focused. What helps me get there? I start to think about what I want and I think about how awful I feel when I'm off track. Sometimes it takes longer than other time to get back on track, but I also try to remind myself that the longer it takes me to get back on track, the more "damage control" there will have to be. What you had is not enough to derail you. Dust yourself off and think ahead. Don't dwell on what happened. Travel can derail the best intentioned dieter. Try to visualize tomorrow and what you will do. Plan, plan, plan. Set a schedule up and plan all of your meals and exercise. I always determine what I will do for my workout before I ever get there and I force myself to do it....otherwise, I'll do less even though I'm capable of doing more. I get lazy. So, try not to be tough on yourself. Treat yourself like you would a good friend. Be kind to yourself and think positive thoughts and you will get there!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/187/140

Height: 5ft 7

I agree with luckymommy forget the bad binge day and just move forward. It is just one bad day and you will feel better if you just move on and start again. I have been through the whole cycle of binging for days because you feel that you have failed but if you stop yourself you will feel so much better and get back on track. Just put it in the past and forgive yourself and you will find that the next few days will come easier
tamara72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks so much, you too! It made me happy. I feel much better going to bed than how I felt all day today. <3
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote