20-Somethings Profiles

You're on Page 16 of 34
Go to
  • First name: Jessica

Geographical location: Alabama

Marital Status: engaged - wedding is in 3 months

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 3 cats (Princess, Boots, and Buddy)

Hobbies/Interests:Reading, Harry Potter, Watching TV, Movies, friends, cooking, baking, research, history, etc.

Height:5'9 3/4

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 8, 2009

Starting Weight: 209

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight:145 (more or less)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I get REALLY busy and I forget to eat right. I also have a tendency to emotionally over-eat, it is a trait that runs in my family. Getting help for the emotional eating and I have done really good about it. I also forget to write things down and plan accordingly.

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting and intense workouts

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In June 2009, I was scared when I saw that I had hit 209. Never had any real health related issues related to my health but i knew that if I continued I would be a lot like my father. So one day, I just decided and I haven't looked back. It has been a very gradual and slow process but I have made healthy changes that have assisted me in maintaining my loss.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am six pounds away from hitting my college weight. That is my mini goal for right now.
  • First name: Mande

Geographical location: Calgary, AB, Canada

Marital Status: Domestic Partner

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 2 kitties (Squirtle and Monster)

Hobbies/Interests: Knitting, swimming, biking

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: There's been 3! LOL, September 10th, 2011

Starting Weight: 296.7 Lbs

Present Weight: 293

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My excuses for exercise and my struggle with quitting smoking

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and regular exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I lost 40lbs in the past, and thought it was now part of my regular routine, 9 months later, the weight is completely back. This time I won't let up, I've realized this will be a life-time of watching and caring.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm getting married in August of 2012, and I don't necessarily need to be at my goal weight, but I sure would love to be able to enjoy the day without being out of breath, looking and feeling uncomfortable, and not feeling like people are staring at me for all the wrong reasons. My soon-to-be wife deserves this as much as I do.
  • First name: Brittny

Geographical location: Kansas

Marital Status: Long term relationship

Children/Ages: Avery who is 2 and the coolest kid ever

Pets: Baxter and Mac, ornery boston terriers

Hobbies/Interests: I love crafting and I really want to learn to sew but right now I don't have time for any of that

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color:Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 24 2011

Starting Weight:186.6

Present Weight:178

Goal Weight:140-145 I think it's normal to bounce around between a few pounds, especially around that time of the month

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Portion control and just overall over eating. I eat when I'm happy/sad/depressed/stressed and I am trying to stop that.

Following any specific plan: I started with Ideal Protein but due to the lack of knowledge of my coach and cost I just ordered from New Lifestyle

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    This is truly my first big weight loss attempt. I feel like I'm at a good point in my life. I went through an ugly divorce, followed by an emotionally abusive relationship, followed by being a poor single mom. Now I'm in a good relationship with a man I hope to marry and I want to walk across the stage at my RN pinning ceremony skinny!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
    I came to this support group from the Ideal Protein forum hoping to find young women I can identify more with.
  • Mine
    First name: Trinity

Geographical location: Michigan, USA

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:None

Pets:Cat

Hobbies/Interests:International Travel, yoga, baking, Intellectual debate

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color:Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:11/30/2010

Starting Weight:320

Present Weight:288

Goal Weight:165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Learning to eat only when Im hungry. Ignoring others influence on what I eat

Following any specific plan:No

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have self confidence

Anything else you would like to share with us:Nothing, really. But if anyone has questions I would certainly answer them.
  • 20something profile
    First name: Marilyn

Geographical location: SF Bay Area, CA

Marital Status: living with boyfriend

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none yet

Hobbies/Interests: cooking, running (I did my first 5k three weeks ago!), travel

Height: 5' 3.5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown / brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/1/2011

Starting Weight: 197

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my own fear of success

Following any specific plan: calorie counting at 1200 / 1400 (trading off every two weeks) and working out for an hour 5x week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I can say that I hit an emotional rock bottom that really kicked me into gear. I do not love food as much as I love myself. That's what I tell myself. I have accepted my addiction to food and I am working with it this time, instead of against it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I like many people have yo-yo-ed a lot in my life and I just want to do this and keep it off for good this time. I accept that making these life changes will have to be a forever thing.
  • First name: Katie

Geographical location: East Coast!

Marital Status: Not married, but in a great long term relationship!

Children/Ages: none!

Pets: I wish! I totes love dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Knitting, kids, video games, magazines, and some good celebrity gossip!

Height: 5 foot 8

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, Dirty Blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This Monday! The 12th

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: yo-yo dieting. Weight loss apathy.

Following any specific plan: 1200 calories a day and 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: A big goal, to look and feel my best for studying abroad in Florence!

Anything else you would like to share with us: This has to be the millionth time I've gained weight, just to lose it again. Losing 40 pounds in 4 months in going to be tough, but I know the real hardest part for me will be keeping it off.
  • First name: Lauren

Geographical location: NC

Marital Status: single

Pets: a dog- Lucy

Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching TV

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: bluish green/dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 08/29/11

Starting Weight: 174

Present Weight: 168

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: resisting desserts! specifically, chocolate.

Following any specific plan: counting calories with app on phone, gym 3-4 days each week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am truly determined this time to look and feel healthy!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I think that's it.
  • Please add your profile, so we can get to know you better. Simply copy the text below and paste it into a reply and add your information.

First name: Liz

Geographical location: Tecumseh, MI

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: Kitty (B-Ba)

Hobbies/Interests: Gardening, reading, walking, hunting

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue, Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 07, 2011

Starting Weight: 265.4

Present Weight: 222.8

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Falling off plan

Following any specific plan: C25K, general nutrition and better choices.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Instead of getting disappointed and quitting I've stuck through some failures. Usually when I hit 230 or the 220s I feel like I've done a good job and lose my focus. This time I'm determined to hit Onderland and beyond.

• First name: Aleksandra

Geographical location: NYC

Marital Status: almost engaged

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: an awesome dog-unit

Hobbies/Interests: Reading (Cosmopolitan and Pop Mechanics), hanging out with the boyfriend, studying/planning/thinking (about how to use my engineering degree to not do engineering),

Height:5' 8.5

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 2010

Starting Weight: 187

Present Weight: 155

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: studying makes me hungry. and I love pastries/cakes (weird, right??)

Following any specific plan: I'm vegetarian, which was when my accidental weight loss journey commenced. Mostly watching portion-size, eating only when hungry, eating good/raw foods when possible, trying to cut sweets, trying to fit into small jeans, etc. Used to do South Beach - I implement low-carb, low-GI concepts/foods into my diet when I can

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not going to be young forever!! I just turned 20, and I'm not overweight, but I still get called "fatty" - what the fudge?

Anything else you would like to share with us: My boyfriend says I'm beautiful, BUT I know he likes skinny girls. UH OH. Anything for him though =)
  • First name: Traci

Geographical location: Southern California

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: Not until I'm in my late twenties/early thirties and married!

Occupation: Cold Stone manager/hostess at a restaurant/part-time LegalShielf rep

Pets: None that I personally care for

Hobbies/Interests: SINGING, music, adventure time, genuine and kind people, laughing, learning guitar, learning how to manage my life most efficiently (laugh), hiking, camping, leisure rides, traveling, musicals, theatrical productions, rom-coms, chick flicks, ... this list can go on and on.

Height: 5 feet and 3.75 inches

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 2011

Starting Weight: 171 lbs

Present Weight: 165.2 lbs

Goal Weight: 130 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Choosing more nutritious and better foods over the super junky - damn my sweet-and-junky tooth. And lack of willpower ^^.

Following any specific plan: I picked up a book at a local library called FMS (Fitness Made Simple) and have been following it as best I can for the past 5 weeks. For my efforts, I've lost nearly 6 lbs .

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually following a plan. It's simple enough that I don't get bored or disheartened.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to be able to run in the 2012 Antarctica Marathon with my aunt. Once I get into the 150's, I'll get more serious about running. Also, with my recent weight loss results, I'm feeling pretty damn sexy and am far more appreciative of my body than I was six weeks prior. I'm enjoying every moment.
  • First name: Amber

Geographical location: Missouri

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 5yo and 8 month old sons

Pets: 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, hula hooping

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 2011

Starting Weight: 211

Present Weight: 184

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Figuring out a way of eating that works and can be maintained for life.

Following any specific plan: Dirty Carnivore

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Determination, believing that it is possible, and not being hungry all the time

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking forward to meeting you all!

Geographical location: Northern California

Marital Status: Newly Wed

Children/Ages: None

Pets: A dobie

Hobbies/Interests: Baking "eek!", Walking, Reading

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color:

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Hoping NOW 9/20/2011

Starting Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not having enough time to exercise.

Following any specific plan: Consuming no more than 1400 cal/day

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My drive!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really want to loose this weight, being a newly wed and all I know that I will soon have to start planning a family of my own. I do not want to get pregnant and have all this unhealthy weight on me. I want to live a long healthy life for my family.
  • First name: Elma

Geographical location: Japan

Age: 27. I actually wrote 26 and then realized that wasn't true

Marital Status: Domestic Partner

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: Decorating, online shopping, travelling

Height: 157cm / 5ft2

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Keeps on changing

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 26 Sept 2011

Starting Weight: 81kg / 178lbs

Present Weight: 81kg / 178lbs

Goal Weight: 60kg / 132lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: being lazy and not liking exercise, loving Pasta/Bread, eating dinner late, cookies or chocolate as mid afternoon snacks. Damn, that's a lot of hurdles.

Following any specific plan: I've got the P90X which I intend to follow (EDIT: The P90X is too difficult for me, I've switched to 30 Day Shred), I also hope to join the gym in a couple of weeks and take up swimming/cardio/weight training

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    I've come to the conclusion that it is the only thing I've never been able to achieve, it's time to win this.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'll need your help
  • First name: Shannon

Geographical location: Denver, Co.

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: 2 Cats, Buzz and Lollipop

Hobbies/Interests: Sewing, going to see my friends bands, getting tattoos, seeing movies, making music in a band my fiance and I are starting, cut and paste art, band promotion, writing, playing with my cats

Height: 5'5" on a good day

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes/ Black hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sept. 17, 2011

Starting Weight:238

Present Weight: 235

Goal Weight: 160-150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Stress eating

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I actually believe I can do it this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really excited to finally take charge of my life!
  • First name: Charlie

Geographical location: France

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: n/a

Hobbies/Interests: playing music, reading, hiking

Height: 5' 9"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/27/11, officially

Starting Weight: 149

Highest Weight: 177

Present Weight: 149

Goal Weight: 128

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: laziness re: exercise

Following any specific plan: Couch to 5k

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Now that I'm in the 140s, getting to my goal with exercise actually seems attainable!