20-Somethings Profiles

You're on Page 14 of 34
Go to
  • First name: Amanda

Geographical location: Moorestown, NJ, though I'm originally from SW Virginia

Marital Status: In a committed relationship (waiting a few years to get married)

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: None living with me at the moment, but I have a cat living with my mom named Daisy! I'm a huge animal lover and I've had a variety of pets and animal involvement my whole life... this is my first time living anywhere without pets.

Hobbies/Interests: Science (how's that for broad and vague?), arts/crafts, current events, photography and music (cello)

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Gosh, that's a hard question to answer... I guess for my most recent round, around mid-July 2011

Starting Weight: 194

Present Weight: 187

Goal Weight: 140-ish (I'm more concerned with how I feel and look than the actual number)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Self-destructive habits and self-sabotage

Following any specific plan: Just plain ol' calorie-counting.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Supportive SO, and I'm figuring out ways to work around my bad habits rather than relying on "willpower" to stay on track. I'm trying to build a framework for success.
  • First name: Shannon

Geographical locationerre Haute IN

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:2 girls ages 10 and 7

Pets:2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Makeup artist

Height:5'0

Eye/Hair Color:green eyes,brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:08/12/2011

Starting Weight:245

Present Weight:245

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:actually sticking to it and not quiting this time

Following any specific plan: weight watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I am tried of feeling like I am unhealthy and unable to play with my kids

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am so glad there is a site that will motivate me to not give up
  • First name: Jessica

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: So very single

Children/Ages: None

Occupation: full time asst. manager at a convenience store and part time student

Pets: My doggy Maybellene! Named after the Chuck Berry song, not the make-up line!

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, cooking, making bad decisions

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Eating better now, but starting exercise August 22 (i had a minor wreck and i have to heal up a bit!)

Starting Weight: 265

Present Weight: 265

Goal Weight: Between 155 to 165ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not trying to set a deadline on it! i have to remember that it's a total lifestyle change, not a competition!

Following any specific plan: acting like i have some sense would be nice! eating better, counting cals, and cutting out sodas is my first challenge... then starting some exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm not setting a deadline on myself. i deal with mini-goals without an issue, but get discouraged with a BIG goal, esp if i start out with a special event as my benchmark date

Anything else you would like to share with us: i love this site
  • First name: Kelly

Geographical location: Paris, France

Marital Status: Single

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Music, Graphic Design

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 09/2010

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 154

Goal Weight: 135/125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not getting satisfied and quitting!

Following any specific plan: Nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the second time I've lost the weight and that is annoying enough to keep me from doing it a third time!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • First name: Emily

Geographical location: Farmington, Utah

Pets: I have 2 dogs, a 2 year old pomeranian named Otto and a 6 year old Airedale Terrier named Toby

Hobbies/Interests: I LOVE playing video games, World of Warcraft mostly. I love going out and hanging out with my friends. Dancing is one of my favorite things to do. I love to read when I can find the time.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Red hair, blue eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 24th, 2011

Starting Weight: 247

Present Weight: 232

Goal Weight: 160 for now.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food is a big thing for me. It's hard to give up the fat greasy stuff for the health stuff, but I've done it before... I can do it again.

Following any specific plan: I plan on eating lowfat/lowcarb foods, and no red meat.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past I would starve myself and I would manage to lose weight, but it always came back. I'm ready to do it the healthy way this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm new to the site and I look forward in sharing my weight loss journey with all of you.
  • First name: Jenny

Geographical location: Southern California

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: Nope

Hobbies/Interests: I'm still looking for it.. But I am an Ex-Maplestory Player. I quit now b/c it ruined my GPA.

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 129

Starting Weight:129

Present Weight:126

Goal Weight:115 (..yea..I'm aiming high.)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting pass 120s, it's really hard for me. I tend to get stuck around 121-122 and goes back up. I need to get past the 120s! I'm in here for the long run!

Following any specific plan:Practice Healthy Living
    -2 salad for lunch per week
    -Apple a day
    -Fruits everyday
    -Drink 8 glass of water per day
    -Being active & taking the long route when walking to school
    -going to gym 3 days per week
    -Stalk SNSD FAN website & look at their photo for encouragement.
    -weight myself everyday
    -Try to eat under 1500 calories.. (i'm a calories counter.. but hey, it works for me)
    -Keep a 3fatchicks Healthy Living Blog & do weekly events on there.
    -manage a photoshoot of myself every weekend.. to track my record.
    -NEVER EVER starve myself.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    -I keep a blog for encouragement & to keep me on track.

-Growing up, I was always considered the fattest girl in the family. All my girls cousins were thin and I felt bad. Sometime, I feel that they condensed me for my weight. My parents love me so much. But for once, I just want to my parents proud, that not only do they have a smart daughter but also a beautiful daughter.

So, Finally, at the age of 19, I want to do something for myself. I want to change for the better.
  • I just found this and thought I'd jump in (if that's cool with everyone)

First name: Amber

Geographical location: Pennsylvania

Marital Status: Married as of April

Children/Ages:not yet but I have 2 nephews that I have often.

Pets:Otis my 4 year old American Bulldog, and Chino my 6month old Chihuahua

Hobbies/Interests: volleyball, music, camping, swimming...

Height:5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes, brown hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: not sure on that one.

Starting Weight:212

Present Weight:208

Goal Weight:130 (might go lower if i even make it that far)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I keep giving up. I'm from a huge Italian family and everything we do is centered around a TON of food. It is hard to stay on track and feel like i'm in with the fam.

Following any specific plan: trying to find a good plan for me, but for now just small food changes. (no soda or junk food)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I saw myself yesterday how everyone else sees me (body wise) on video camera and about cried.

Anything else you would like to share with us: nope
  • First name: Jasmine

Geographical location: Florida, USA

Occupation: Currently unemployed Hoping to change that in the next few days.

Pets: Two lovely kitties.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, photography, baking/cooking, gaming, a few heavy academic interests.

Height: 5'6

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/21/11

Starting Weight: 194.6

Present Weight: 194.6

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Complacency, stress eating.

Following any specific plan: Researching to see if any are right for me.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am beginning a new chapter in my life and want to do it right this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hoping to also find a buddy on the site who is in a similar boat as me to help keep each other motivated.

• First name: Laura

Geographical location: South Florida

Marital Status: I just moved in with my boyfriend

Children/Ages: -

Pets: -

Hobbies/Interests:

Height: 5’4”

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 08/17/2011 officially want it to begin.

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 204

Goal Weight: 130-140.. happiness is more important than the number at the moment.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Making this a priority and believing in myself to maintain the habits. Mayyyybe training my tastebuds to crave peanut butter and chocolate less

Following any specific plan: Currently calorie counting – am deciding on which more structured plan works for me! I’ve used both WW and South Beach before and seen exactly the same results….. but only stuck them out for 2 months each. I think WW might be more maintainable for me long run, while taking notes from SB as to the best foods for weight loss.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I’ve finally accepted that I deserve this change and don’t deserve to feel the way that I do /have for the past 4 years. I think a large part of my journey is mental.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am hoping to find accountability and support on this forum! Please contact me if you want
  • First name: Amber

Geographical location: Upstateish Newyork

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Pitbull, Brownie 3yrs Chi/Pek, Jill 2yrs

Hobbies/Interests: Bowling, Shopping, movies, makeup, bars

Height:5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Blue / Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/11

Starting Weight:282

Present Weight:253

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:everything??? Staying on track is my biggest problem. Ill go hard for a few months and get bored and stop

Following any specific plan: my own

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I cant fut my finger on it. I feel different this time about it. I think im truly ready. Also could be that i lost 30lbs and loved the feeling of it so i want it back!

Anything else you would like to share with us: anyone else in ny?
  • First name: Tina

Geographical location: Austin, TX

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: watching movies, reading books, web design

Height: 5'1''

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7th grade

Starting Weight: 126

Present Weight: approx. 126

Goal Weight: 110

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: cravings and the urge to eat fattening food! I am addicted to food!

Following any specific plan: low-carb diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am just so fed up with constantly giving up, and now I am trying something completely new: low-carb, which so far seems to be making me feel less puffy/bloated with more energy.

• First name: Chou

Geographical location: Middle Europe

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: one cat

Hobbies/Interests: reading, cooking, hanging out with friends, shopping..

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: auburn / blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 2008

Starting Weight: 238 lbs

Present Weight: 169 lbs :/

Goal Weight: 125-130 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have zero self-restraint and I'm lazy.

Following any specific plan: calorie counting and I try working out.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've been losing weight for almost 3 years now; recently I started gaining again and now I'm up by almost 12lbs. I haven't been this heavy in two years, and I really don't want to go off-track and miss this chance.

• First name: Charysse

Geographical location: Australia

Marital Status: De facto relationship

Pets: 2 Cats - Kitty & Coke

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, movies, horses

Height: 5'0

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, Brunette hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8th August 2011

Starting Weight: 98kg

Present Weight: 97kg

Goal Weight: 55 kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Chocolate! And all the foods my boyfriend loves...

Following any specific plan: No

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've worked on my eating and gotten it to a good stage...Feeling good throughout the day and have broken the cycle of a lot of the junk I used to eat. Now I've added in the gym and am really enjoying it. I've thought it through this time!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to be here
  • Quote:
    First name: Laura

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I’ve finally accepted that I deserve this change and don’t deserve to feel the way that I do /have for the past 4 years. I think a large part of my journey is mental.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am hoping to find accountability and support on this forum! Please contact me if you want
    Hey Laura, I think we are similar in similar situations. I'm 25 living in San Francisco at 185 lbs. I just got back from Hawaii where I wore a bikini from my last Hawaii trip 3 years ago. I hate the way most of the pictures came out, and I want to love my bikini body. So if you want to team up and check in with each other every so often, I'm down. I couldn't private message you for some reason though,

Annie
  • First name: Delilah

Geographical location: Texas

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 0

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, movies, DIY, Christianity

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating & consistently working out

Following any specific plan: Counting calores & hopefully working out 4-5 times a week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never been this big before and I'm starting to get stretch marks all over. This has to stop.