I'm officially a "professional chef"...kinda

• I'm being paid to cook food, so I've decided that makes me a professional chef, haha. A personal professional chef, no less.

My husband's best freind (another soldier) has started to do the P90X program and wanted to loosely follow the diet plan that comes with it. This guy has some cash to spend, but had no desire to actually cook the food. Sooo, he now pays me to cook his food, lol. I'll cook for a day or two advance, put it in tupperware and he picks it up and drops off the empty containers with more groceries. We've only been at it for a few weeks, but it seems to be working pretty well.

When I say "loosely following the plan," I mean I make sure I stay in roughly the same proportions of macronutrients and calories. The book might say "chicken breast with green beans and complex grain (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, etc)," but I'll make a lemon garlic chicken breast, snap peas, and quinoa. More or less the same, just tweaked based on my own cullinary creativity and his taste preferences, lol. He's kind of a picky eater, but he's learning to trust me. I made quinoa tabbouleh (quinoa, chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots with parsley and mint, lemon juice and olive oil) and he gave me a funny face. I told him to just eat it, sure enough, that's the only thing he wants when the meal plan calls for a complex grain, lol.

Move over Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem...Megan's Daily Meal Delivery has arrived.
  • that's great! congrats on your "business"!
  • That's great and may make your husband more aware that some of us need to follow different diets than him. I know you had problems a few weeks ago with DH being disappointed in your food choices since they weren' the same as his.
  • That's awesome and really good way to make some extra cash!
  • Haha that's cool!
  • Funny!
  • That's neat! Sounds fun too.

....hmmm. You made me want quinoa. I think I'll go tweak my dinner plans for tonight.
  • So cool! Way to go!
  • That sounds pretty cool! That quinoa tabbouleh sounds yummy!!!
  • I wish I had a Megan's Food Delivery close by! Haha, that's so awesome! You'll have to keep us updated on his results!
  • I feel like every time I come on here I see another post illustrating your life falling into place. Do let us know how this venture goes!
  • Awesome - Do you deliver to Wisconsin?