healthy chocolate alternatives?

• I just wondered if anyone had any idea's for sweet but healthy snacks? I have a major sweet tooth, which is usually my downfall. So if anyone has any idea's for things I could snack on i'd be very grateful. xx
  • What about a SMALL portion of dark chocolate? I don't have the willpower to just eat a little, but if you can that might be a good option...otherwise I would try flavored almonds, or maybe some sort of berries as a sweet treat.
  • Thats a good idea! i'm not a fan of dark chocolate, and if I did i'd probably go out and buy more. But I do love strawberries and raspberries, my absolute favourites
  • Hi Isobel

I find some low-cal jelly can work a treat. There are pots (I can't remember the brand) that contain about 10 calories a pot. It won't replace chocolate permanently (even for me, and I don't have a very sweet tooth) but it's certainly helped me cut down a bit.

Jules x
  • I remember those, I always feel like a kid at a party when I eat those. My favourite is strawberry
  • Best thing for chocolate is chocolate. I don't mean that as a joke. I mean, you can make a little taste of chocolate go much farther & just not wolf it down. Butter tastes good, but we don't have to eat it by the stick to enjoy it

I like melted dark chocolate lightly drizzled over individual grapes, then frozen -- amazing. If you're low-carb, "Chocoperfection" is 200 cal for a good-sized 50g bar (!!), and they also make chips for baking.

I LOVE chocolate, especially during TOM, but I've developed a pretentious attitude toward it. I only eat the good, $3+/bar stuff now, and that means my wallet is a check on my appetite -- I can only afford one so I make it last!
  • Im with daisy, what I do is invest in some good quailty choc and have small amonts when needed (if my kids dont find it 1st)
    I used to get from an Aussie girl I worked with, a raw chocholate you only needed to eat a tiny amont of it and it was lovely. I have no idea where she got it from if anyone knows please let me know
  • I've got a bag of dates in my desk drawer at work, they are so sweet, easily as sweet as chocolate. I find that one or two of those is enough to satisfy a sweet craving plus they have the added benefit of fibre and vitamins
  • I am completely with you, Dawnie. I LOVE dates and they are sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. Tesco was having a sale on them, a box for a pound!
  • I would suggest trying 'Carob' bars (which are the best alternative to chocolate), & suprisingly nice.

Google them, you can find them online usually. I get them from a site called Healthysupply or something like that.
  • WW, Slim fast, Boots Shapers, etc do low calorie chocolate bars. Slimfasts Heavenly choc bar is my favourite. I think its less than 100 calories too. So is a nice treat when I'm really craving chocolate.
  • ummmmm dates, I say go with the dark chocolate or the lovely big juicy dates that ASDA or TESCO do, oh I love them