90 lbs. down & Maui Dress

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I am still 16 lbs. from goal but just wanting to share. The first 2 goals that I ever wrote down, I have met.

I wanted to run a mile, and I ran 5 miles this evening, in 47:15. Not track star stats, but not bad for a woman heading toward 50.

Also, I wanted to be able to fit into my custom-made dress that I wore to an awards ceremony in Maui with my hubby. It is outdated but I love it. It is a 2 piece, floor-length gown. It has been hanging on my closet doors since I started my journey. I tried it on this evening for the first time, thinking it still wouldn't fit. It went on easily and was too baggy in the bust. Alas, my boobs have vanished.

The middle picture below is of me at my heaviest, I believe around 240, with my son's thin, beautiful girlfriend. I never weighed at that point. I put 235 in my siggy line because that is the first time I weighed after being on a good eating plan for 3 weeks. That was last June, and I still walked with a cane. You can see it in the pic.

Thank you to all of you lovely people here at 3FC for encouragement and a kick in the pants when I need it. I look forward to spending many years here, while in maintenance, getting to know all of you better.

• I just realized that my "heavier" picture is very small and not easy to see. I added another picture just to show how far I've come in 16 months. You can definitely see how large and bloated I was in this picture, and of course, hairless. This was immediately following my second brain surgery and while having 2 weeks of laying around I decided I didn't want to live inside my fat prison any longer. I have accepted no excuses from myself in the exercise department, and although I deal with pain on a day-to-day basis, I will not let it stop me as it did before.
  • I love the first picture you posted. So much personality! Congrats on your amazing success so far!
  • Wow, that's great success! It's beautiful to see someone reach their goal, you look healthy and gorgeous!

This really makes me feel empowered to hear your story, thanks for sharing!
  • You look unbelievable, especially in the third picture. Congratulations on coming so far and surviving brain surgery (twice)! You have an incredible story and I'm so inspired by your accomplishments.
  • I LOVE IT!!! Totally inspirational! Actually...your 5 mile time is pretty darn good! Congrats...you look A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!
  • You look transformed, and it is amazing.

You also don't look old enough to have a son who dates. Seriously, you lucked out in the skin elasticity lottery or something, because your recent pictures look young and lively to me.

I hope you're as proud of yourself as you deserve to be. To run five miles, especially given what you've overcome to do it, is monumental. LOL, I'm still not walking five miles...I need to get off my butt because you are completely showing me up.

So do we get to see the Maui dress, even if it is a little loose here and there? And nothing is "outdated" any more, it's "vintage."
  • Wow....WOW!! Amazing!!
  • Wow! Wow! Wow! You look absolutely amazing. You look at least 25 years younger.
  • Thank you so much for sharing your success. You are beautiful, look so healthy and are a great inspiration. Go You!
  • Thank you for sharing those pics. You are looking FAB!!!! YOU MUST post a pic in the fantastic dress!
  • oh, and because I must ask everyone that has come this far in the journey...

"how did you do it?"
  • Great job! You look fantastic and much younger then your age!
  • Wow! You look fantastic!! So happy
    I want to see the famous dress!!
  • Just what I needed to read first thing this morning. You are smokin', what an inspiration!!!!