Sheep!

• So I've been finding excuse after excuse recently not to get in any exercise, and today, I finally decided to climb back on the horse. It was a gorgeous day, so I went out to the nearby regional park where there are a couple trails I like, to spend about an hour walking/hiking/jogging around.

The park was filled with sheep! Real, live, bleating sheep. It was fantastic Partway through my walk, my mp3 player died, so I spent the rest of my time listening to the sheep and birds and really enjoying the views of San Francisco Bay - it was wonderful. I started making sheep noises whenever I didn't think people were near and even having stupid mini-conversations with the sheep that would stare...yes, I was speaking out loud to sheep...and a couple of times, I'm pretty sure that a couple random people on the trail heard me because they had these silly grins on their faces when they came around corners
  • Now there's something you don't see everyday!
  • That's a lovely story. Sheep are adorable and lovely critters. I talk and make noises at them too when I see them.
  • hahaha that that story made me smile! I used to be the queen of excuses..I'm glad you decided to exercise after all
  • I love that story. I would love to see some sheep while exercising sometime. That would be awesome!
  • And THIS is exactly why I should be exercising outside! I definitely don't see any sheep in my bedroom - you've inspired me to go for a run tomorrow (or at least a walk, I don't want to be overzealous or anything)
  • haha, great stuff that you got out exercising. It makes me terribly envious that winter is dragging here and we have so much snow. I can't wait to get outside running/biking. Have a bahaha day!
  • That is awesome!

I feel the same way about the ducks that live on the pond at my apartments (so tame they will sit right next to you, if you have food at least ), but I'm too shy with the other people around here to go out and spend time with them.

Good for you for exercising!
  • I used to live in England and the area I was in had lots and lots of sheep. I always talked to them too. They are awesome furry people. There were some on one of the fields near my house that would let me pet them. I also talk to the ducks at the duck pond in my neighborhood. I hold entire conversations with our cats and the dog that we have had for almost a week. I talked to my horses and the neighbor's cows when I was a kid. Heck, When I had fish I even talked to them. I see nothing wrong with talking to the sheep. Congrats on such a pleasant walking workout!
  • Oh my goodness, I think we're kindred spirits! I so would have been talking to the sheep! Our old neighborhood exited past a sheep farm. I could hear them from my house. I miss that. And I think they do answer back. Cows do too.