Hot Cocoa Mix

• Help, I am in search of a low fat hot cocoa mix that I can make using Splenda. I want to make up a jar to give as a Christmas gift. Thanks for your help :-)
  • Zixca - good idea. When I make a couple cups of no fat/sugar free hot chocolate I simply use (2/3 C) nonfat dry milk/ (2 Tbsp) Nestle's Baking Cocoa Powder and a couple packets of Nutraweet. It's wonderful! BIG mug is under 200 calories and really hits the spot.

Just buy a box of nonfat milk powder and the cocoa powder and mix according to the directions on the label.

Nestle's recommends adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract when making this up hot. Mint extract is also a nice addition. Maybe you could tie a couple vanilla beans to the jar for gifting.
  • If you have a BJ's Warehouse near you, they sell a 60-envelope box of the Swiss Miss No Sugar Added Cocoa w/ Splenda for $5.99. I think you'd have a hard time making that amount for that price.
  • I like the swis miss no sugar added cocoa with splenda, it tastes yumma...but idont put i in water, i just eat it plain, 1 point per packet, i think its 60 calories or something-check it out
  • Hershey's hot cocoa mix has a great recipe on the side. Just use Splenda in place of sugar. Really good!
  • Does Splenda measure like SUGAR or is it also a little bitty packet of powder?
  • I've yet to see it in anything but little packets.
  • Splenda also comes in a box with a pour spout. Rather expensive, but worth it. I made a syrup using 2 tsp. water, splenda to taste, a little cornstarch to thicken and a drop or two of maple flavoring. Microwave for just a minute or less, until thickened.
    Ummmm.