Hello I am new and I need help!!

• Hey

Well I have a few questions for members of 3FC. How can I get the chart that states the begging weight to the target one and the mini goal animations as well? Also TODAY IS MY FIRST DAY dieting and going to a gym. I am wondering does counting calories really work? If it does work how many calories should I eat and be able to lose weight weekly? Would it just be better to join Weight Watchers or is counting calories a good system? Thanks in advance for any help that you guys might offer.. I am supper excited about this new begging !!
  • I would say, most of use here are calorie counters, not all, and that it most definitely works. I can't tell you how many pounds are good number to lose every week because we all lose very, very differently. I can tell you a good range to shoot for is 4-8 pounds per MONTH. You'll lose more at the beginning, and then it will slow down.

I'm personally a SLOW loser. I have a tendency to low big one week out of every month and stall the other three.
  • Welcome!!

I think the "chart" that you refer to is what we call a weight ticker. This will be available to you after 20 days providing you have the minimum number of postings in that time which I believe is also 20.

Calorie counting is the only thing that works for me. To know how many calories I eat I find that I must weigh and measure all of my food. I was a lousy estimater.

How many should you eat? I have know way of knowing.

A very general rule seems to be that men should go no lower that 1500 and women no lower than 1200 to get proper nutional requirements.

Larry,
  • From my understanding you have to be a member of this site for at least a month before you can get the weight tracking ticker. I'm still patiently waiting myself! :-)

I'm a calorie AND carb counter. I guess you can say I do a liberal version of the Atkins diet. It definitely works for me and it's an eating style that'll be sustainable for me. In my opinion, that is key. Choose a WOE (way of eating) that you know you'll be able to maintain even after reaching your goal.

Personally I'm not a fan of WW's because I'm lazy and don't want to deal with calculating points. But that's just me! haha But I work with two women who are doing WW and they love it and it works for them.
  • Thank you everyone for the great advise...I believe counting calories might do the trick... I hear that 1200 cal should be good guide to lose weight, it seems really high in the begging of a weight loss program. I'd assume 1200 cal would be a goal to maintain the weight that you have at the moment? Hopefully it does work for me.. Thanks again everyone!!
    p.S has anyone tried the website Myplate.com is it any good? I hear it's to keep track of the cal you burn.