Anyone know any tips to "get things moving"?

• So..i find that since ive been adding more cheese into my diet, that ive been having issues with the backdoor plumbing if ya know what i mean.. So, i was just wondering if anyone has any phase 1 ideas of how to help get things moving along a bit more frequently???
  • Because I now take Calicum, I started taking a chewable wafer called FiberChoice. It comes in fruity flavors and issugar-free. Calcium makes me constipated and this seems to help. Also, lots of water and fiber rich vegetables and fruits. LOVE CHEESE!
  • When I was in Phase 1, I took SF Metamucil every day to keep things moving along. The orange flavor is actually pretty good.
  • Seconding the SF metamucil recommendation.
  • Fiber powders make me bloated like a balloon. So, I recommend eating more beans. Or lower the amount of cheese. Or up your fibrous veggies.
  • I agree with lowering the amount of cheese and upping veggies. Or, only eat cheese on fibrous veggies lol

Adding flax to your meals might help as well, and there's a splenda with fiber too that I like for when I bake or do smoothies (though smoothies are Phase 2 for me because I do fruit)..
  • You can up your fiber- beans was a good suggestion by someone else, also up your water intake, and move more. Walking is a great activity to get things moving again.

Metamucil would but you could get the extra fiber from food just as easily....
  • fiber powders make me super bloaty too.

i make sure to drink at least a gallon of water per day, have 1 T. of chia seeds at some point each day and 1 T. of flax seeds at some point each day. The combo, along with regular exercise and lots of veggies has helped to achieve and maintain my regularity.
  • Thanks for the advice.. ive tried metemucil and i find i get bloated..and i have up'd my beans to a cup and its not doing much..so im thinking i will try the chia and flax adding into the diet and maybe try cutting back on the cheese i guess.
  • make sure to drink extra water with the extra beans.
  • I agree with the flax & chia for fiber. I do that quite often so it gets to be just habit to add it. I love beans but there is a limit!