Back on the Pills

• I am back in meds for the 1st time in 3 years, iv been on sleeping pills (i dont count these) throughout but now back on AD's (Lexapro) I could'nt control my BPD and I was like a mad women going from mega high to very bad lows so i know I have to get better im just sad I couldnt do it without pills.

I said to the docs if they make me gain weight i would come of them as being over weight adds to the depression.

I feel horrible and spaced today as its only the 1st few days I have all the horrible side effects

Anyone else been on this drug and had weight gain?
  • (((hugs))) Sorry to hear you are back on the AD. I was on Lexapro after I had my second child due to severe post partum depression. I gained 25-30 pounds in 2 months. The doctor justified it by saying I was feeling better and therefore eating more. Not true. In fact, nothing had changed with my diet. I was still eating "normal". Lexapro ( and Paxil) both affect my metabolism. I gained major weight with both pills. When I start feeling a little off, consistent exercise helps me get back to normal.
  • Thanks honey, I think im going to have to do some more exercise then, how i look is a massive thing for me i get really down over being fat so I really hope these pills will not make me fatter, iv come along way in the last few months with the weight loss i really hope it dont get trashed with the pills.
  • My daughter is on Lexapro and she usually maintains her weight. I have to say though, she is a soccer player. It may be due to the fact that she exercises quite a bit every day that her weight is stable. I hope you start feeling better soon. I understand how weight gain can add to your depression, but your number one priority is to take care of your BPD.
    Hang in there. I know it's not easy, but things will get better with some time.
    You're in my thoughts,
    Christine
  • Thank you Christine.
    Im just going to have to be careful now with what I eat and exercise more i think thats the key. Exercise is supposed to make you feel better so I am gonna give it a try for both weight loss and feeling happier. I will have to stay on the pills for the time being as i cant risk another episode.