So excited about the food I have planned for the day!

• Most days, I plan out my meals the night before to check calories, protein, etc, and I'm genuinely excited about the foods I'm eating today

Breakfast: French Toast with cinnamon cream cheese and hot blueberries (made with sprouted cinnamon raisin bread, reddiegg sub, lots of cinnamon)

Snack: Giant piece of faux pizza (Spaghetti squash "crust," marinara, tons of red onion, green pepper, mushrooms, olives, fresh jalapenos, mozzarella, and parm)

Lunch: Louisiana style red beans with chicken andouille sausage (beans simmered with onions, green pepper, diced carrots, and diced tomatoes)

Snack: Fruited chicken salad with spinach and 2 Ak Mak crackers (made with a yogurt/mayo mix, apples, grapes, green onion, and a touch of curry powder)

Dinner: Fresh steamed snow crab, roasted cauliflower with curry powder, and a small orange

Dessert: "Tapioca" pudding (no tapioca, just made with chia seeds)

All of my serving sizes are substantial, and my totals for the day are:
    Cals: 1510
    Protein: 124g
    Fat: 43.1g
    Carbs: 191g
    Fiber: 59.1g !!! (beans, spinach, cauliflower, chia, oh my!)

Anyone else have food planned for the day that they're excited about?

and, on a slight tangent, why does the food on weight loss shows always look soooooo boring? I eat like this most of the time (although this is a higher calorie day for me - usually breakfast is faster to prepare and my snacks are simpler, a piece of fruit or carrots with eggplant hummus)... why is it always a grilled chicken breast and steamed broccoli or steamed fish with green beans???
  • Can I come for lunch ? I am not far away.
  • Sounds delish!

And... gosh... I'm so guilty of eating boring foods.

I'm in a rut and here for inspiration.. which you've graciously and generously provided...

Thanks, spixiet!
  • I'm drooling all over myself reading those! Sounds absolutely fabulous.

I made a "S.O.S. nothing left in the house" concoction for lunch today that wound up being both delicious and surprisingly filling, clocking in at about 300 calories so it pairs nicely with snacks/sides. I was so pleased that I may bring it to the next potluck event I go to.

It's super simple - slice an apple into little pieces, cut up some cheddar cheese (sharper is better), and dump some Borlotti beans from a can into a bowl/Tupperware. Top with curry powder. No cooking, oil, or dressing/sauce needed. The crunch of the apple, the salty sharpness of the cheese and the fiber in the beans make it surprisingly time consuming and satisfying to eat.
  • im going to buy a plane ticket, that breakfast sounds so yummy!
  • ummmm...so i'm currently in walnut creek visiting...staying at a hotel and in need of real food and not take out. can i come eat dinner with you????

all kidding aside, all sounds really yummy where do you get recipes/inspiration from?