Avoiding Free Pizza

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I've been really really bad on my diet. And it really upsets me that I've lost all focus when it comes to my end goal. I keep going on and off my diet...my size 8 pants are suddenly tight on me-and I have muffin top in them. I decided to recommit to my diet and was so full of willpower this morning.

And then the head of the dept i work for decided to buy pizza for everyone. And I can smell it...and it smells sooo good! I'm battling the voice in my head that says one slice wont hurt...I know that there will always be more pizza. It isnt worth it. I have lean cuisine pizza (which I love) sitting in my freezer at home! But I want to eat that pizza sooo bad right now!

How do you ladies battle this?
  • I used to try the, "I'll only have a sliver/piece/bite", but that flat out doesn't work for me. It's so much easier for me to just decide that it's just not worth it, I really can't have "just a bite" and that I have a better option in my own lunch that will leave me full and NOT in a food coma or bloated.

You can do this!
  • The pizza smell will disappear by mid afternoon the calories and fat u put in your body will not.
  • i used to be the same way, then my scale would tell me, no one slice of pizza IS going to hurt you and your diet.

Keep busy, or if it's lunch time go somewhere else, so you don't have to smell or look at the pizza.
    I don't know how you are, but whenever i want something, I good and look at myself in the mirror, and remember why im on my diet, that eating "just one" thing of anything bad is going to just hinder me and what I've accomplished so far!

we've all be there! But once you do pass it up, your going to be so proud of yourself!
  • Pizza is healthy for you, its has your Bread, Meats, Dairy and veggies.
    I love pizza I eat it when I can and to be honest it hasn't really affected my diet much, sure I'll be a pound or two up at night but then by the next day I'm back down.

It's actually sweets I don't really care for either but I have a new way of dealing with stuff that gets thrown in front of me. I say no thank you and if they don't take that for an answer I'll take it, smash it (I feel better) and toss it then smile because I actually did it. But pizza **** no I'm eatting that if it's in front of me haha. I just consider it my cheat day since I have one every couple of weeks.
  • I hear you... at my school, there is a lunch speaker almost every day with free pizza. I've stopped attending them, but when 1:00pm rolls around, half the time they put the extra pizza on the tables in the main hallway for everyone to grab. It is hard to just keep walking...
  • Chew gum. Seriously helps. They bring in crap at my work all the time... chewing gum gives me something to do with my mouth besides eat the cookies...
  • Can you leave and take a lunch break? Take a long walk to a Subway and get a salad loaded with veggies and fat free ranch!
  • Ugh...they put the leftover pizza in the break room where my coffee is and the water machine is .

People have been bringing in brownies, cookies, donuts, daily. I dont understand why people waste their money feeding the office (when so many of the women are trying to diet!). It is so frustrating! I want to make a policy of no more communal treats! Bring what you want for yourself...keep it out of the breakroom!
  • Quote: Ugh...they put the leftover pizza in the break room where my coffee is and the water machine is .

People have been bringing in brownies, cookies, donuts, daily. I dont understand why people waste their money feeding the office (when so many of the women are trying to diet!). It is so frustrating! I want to make a policy of no more communal treats! Bring what you want for yourself...keep it out of the breakroom!
    Truth is though you can't really do that, just because you are dieting doesn't mean everyone else is and that shouldn't mean the people who are not on a diet shouldn't be able to bring in the food they enjoy (and share) even if it's something you feel the need to stay away from.

It sucks a lot trust me, like when they people bring stuff in for our break room I tend to just leave it. Then again I'm not huge on sweets so maybe that's why it never bothered me. Or the fact I'm dieting but if I crave it I will eat a small piece of it so it doesn't go to a binge. Pizza is my weakness though but I have enough self control to just grab a slice or two and that's it.

(but if you want to be really sneaky if you're the only one in the break room throw things out...or everytime you want a brownie grab one and then toss it in the garbage and smile...theres one less brownie or whatever on the table haha.)
  • My way of avoiding any of the foods that come into my office is to make sure I always have my arsenal of food for the day to rely on.
    If I'm hungry, that pizza is like nectar of the gods. But, if I have my own snacks and lunch (& drinking lots of water), that pizza might smell good but I'm not getting the signals from my stomach that I really want it. That's how I avoid every little treat that is sitting in the lunch room from pizza to cookies to cake, etc.
  • I get offered free pizza and free appetizers and the like quite frequently on my university campus. It took me a long, long time to stop eating when free food was offered to me because 1) I'm really cheap and 2) it takes good. I have recently been able to start passing it up. I just tell myself what I'll have to do or give up to fit that pizza or whatever it is into my daily diet. How will I get all my fiber if I waste a bunch of carbs on pizza dough? How much sugar is in the pizza sauce? Usually if I get myself to really think about what I would rather eat I find the willpower to pass it up. On occasion I do eat one piece and I just plan how to fit it in with the rest of my day - but usually it's not worth it.
  • LOL-- this reminded me of my mindset about people bringing in food to work. When I wasn't on a diet and people brought stuff in I was like "ohhhh yeah! this person is awesome, they are soo nice for bringing this in for us" Now im like "what a jerk! why would u bring that in.. im on a diet dammit, your tempting me on purpose!" :P
  • Like Mickey I just look in the mirror, catch a glimpse of my reflection, and am like uh no. You do not need that. I have only been at this for 3 weeks though, I imagine it does get harder as time goes on.
    There is nothing wrong with having pizza, but have it on your terms. If cake or cookies or pizza just pop up out of nowhere, you do not need them! If you plan on going out for a slice of pizza with a friend, then yuo have time to plan for it. It will be a more enjoyable experience too, because it will fit in your days calorie allowence and you can feel good about it. That suprise pizza is not the same.
  • I've never worked anywhere with free pizza but if I did lord knows how much I would weigh now.

You can eat the pizza and have a pathetically small dinner, but do you really want that? Also one slice easily becomes two slices, and we all know how that goes.