Bad Posture!

• One thing I really dislike about myself is I slouch...and because of that I have this permanite line on my stomache below my ribs it's so annoying! I'm trying to learn to sit up straight more often but it doesn't help when my chair at work doesn't go all the way up it's leans back and my bodies instant reaction is to do the same.

Anyone have suggestions on bad posture?
  • you know...i have that line too..i never associated it with slouching though (although i'm a bad sloucher too)..i just thought it was cuz of fat lol
  • No it's cause of the posture and a little cause were chubby but it only get's worse because of the extra skin but I even had that mark at my skinniest because my posture is horrible!
  • Lol I have bad posture too. My one grandma would always yell at me "Don't slump!" and pinch me. At work your feet should sit flatly on the floor. I try to imagine a string pulling up at the top of my head roll your shoulders back. I've always heard that if you have good posture you look 10 lbs less, so that's a plus too
  • I think that weight lifting has actually really helped with my posture. Because if you dont do it right, it hurts! xD And then your muscles are sore afterwards so sitting and stnading with good posutre actually feels nicer
  • Iconised Ghost got it. It is all about the muscles. We slouch because we have weak core muscles (back and abs). I have had the same problem for years but I also have a bad back so it has been difficult for me to correct.
  • Oh my god I have TERRRRRRIBLE posture. My boyfriend will push on the back of my neck/spine when he sees that I'm slouching because it's already causing me back problems and giving me a misaligned spine. It's a good reminder. But he has to do it like 25 times a day! Haha. Yuck! I hate that fact that I slouch.