I'm back and I need you chicks!!

• My last visit to this site was Nov. 17 of last year. At that time, I was at 150 lbs. and working toward my goal of 140 lbs. In November, I started allowing life's worries to get the best of me and I started completely going off my plan. The result is an 8 pound gain in about 4 months and I am certainly not happy with that So, I've picked myself up, dusted myself off, and I'm ready to get losing again.

What did I learn from the last few months? That even after losing 22 pounds and being very happy about it, that I am still very apt to go back to my old bad eating habits if I lose my focus. A little depression, a little bad luck,
    financial concerns, sadness over the death of a loved one ... all of these things triggered (and still do) my overeating.

The funny thing is that I really don't think I enjoyed eating all that bad food. I ate it because I thought it would make things better. It doesn't. It never does, and it never will. What makes me happier is knowing that I am making the right choices in all areas of my life, including eating right.

So here I go again. This time I'm going all the way down. This site is a HUGE help to me.

Thanks for listening everyone.
  • Welcome back! I'm so sorry you've had it so rough.....but....you are back and you have more experience behind you. AND....you didn't wait until you gained it all back (and then some) to come back (which is something that I've done). So, that's very impressive as far as I'm concerned. I can't wait to hear of your great progress and I hope your journey is a life long one.
  • Welcome back! It's great that you were able to get things under control after 8lbs rather than letting the downward spiral continue. Wishing you the best of luck!
  • welcome back! Best of luck!
  • i'm sorry you've had a hard time over the past few months...i hope things are a little better now. kudos for coming back here!!! it's always so empowering to take control of your eating habits and working towards a healthy lifestyle.
    so good luck to you on your journey, and happy to have you back!
  • I'm so sorry for all of your troubles. But I'm so glad that you were able to admit to yourself that you had a setback and find the courage to come back here. I have no doubt that you'll be successful this time around and meet your goal.
  • Hi Carol. I'm glad to see you back. It's awesome that you got it together without having to start at the very beginning.

I know what you mean about the junk food. Believe me, I've had my fair share since entering maintaince, just to test the waters, and I finally realized after a while that it just doesn't "do it" for me any more. It doesn't fix anything, and it only makes me feel anxious.

Can't wait to see you around the boards again.
  • Welcome back Carol! Sounds like it's been a tough couple of months for you; hope things get better soon.
  • i'm so glad you're back.... You always be WELCOME here!!!!
  • Thanks to all of you for the w!elcome back. It feels good to be back
  • I remember reading your posts around the time I was starting my journey. Welcome back! I'm glad that you're here and ready to make good choices. Maybe those months of being off-plan were a good thing for you...it made you realize that the junk food is just not worth it.

Good luck on reaching your goal!
  • Welcome back, Carol! I'm sure you'll be back in the groove in no time!

I am so sorry you've had some tough stuff to deal with.