Private Messages!!!!

• I've been informed I have a couple of private messages. The trouble is, when I try to access them, I get sent directly to my Desktop. What can I say? It hasn't worked for a couple of weeks and Ruth was the last person to fool around with it. I have no idea how to regain access to my Private messages so, if anybody wants to send me a message, please e-mail me instead. Thanks.
  • what did ruth do to you???
    or perhaps more accurately, your computer???? wish i had some advice, but all i can offer is comfort!!!!

more later, i hope
  • Well, I have figured out how to read and respond to my PMs, but after I send off my reply, my puter takes me directly to my desktop instead of back to 3FC. How weird is that? It's a real nuisance too.
  • Mea culpa! I'll refer this to Suzanne. Obviously some of my so-called techie advice re avatars and quotes screwed you up.
    All I can say is a very bashful sorry! I'll refer this to Suzanne in the morning.
    LindaBC - my ICQ is still not running properly although I get your messages. Mayeb when I am off these damned drugs I can figure it out!
    Off to bed now - perchance to sleep!
  • ruthie... i think that you need to go back to linda's house and fix it. what do you think? or would it be too difficult to travel? or perhaps we could ALL go and help!!!

now, wouldn't THAT be an entertaining mess?????!!!!!!!
  • Whoopee! Is that all it takes to have a Chick meet? Computer troubles? You are all welcome to drop in anytime. I have some sinsational cranberry crunch candy I whipped up yesterday. Lordy it's good. I finally put it in the very back of the freezer but I still can't forget it. LOL
  • Forget that crunch candy! I'll refer this problem to Suzanne who can look at your profile. Very, very strange! It could be a West Coast thing. On the other hand Meowna and MEW can PM. Maybe age-related? Sorry!

In the meantime, you CAN read your PMs by going to "user cp" at the top of this screen. Your PM inbox is displayed there.

Any chance that you can post the candy recipe - Not that any of us would be interested, of course.
  • NO. I won't post that recipe. In fact, I've already forgotten where I hid the damned things.
  • Thanks, Ruth, for posting this in the other forum I'm sorry for the late reply yet again but my net access has been down most of the week. It's not been my week. But it sounds like Linda isn't having much fun either! This is definitely a strange problem, but it isn't related to her profile, so don't worry

LindaBC, the email should send you a link to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/private.php and doesn't use any code. The private.php page is the same one that is accessed via the control panel link. I'm stumped. This could be a bug, but no one else has reported this problem. However, I am upgrading the forum to the most recent version this weekend. (They release upgrades fairly often, to correct any new issues) If this doesn't take care of it, we will narrow it down till we get it fixed. I'll do the upgrade either tonight or tomorrow night.

thanks
  • The upgrade is complete. Please let me know if the problem continues. If so, PM me with your browser type and version, and we will troubleshoot it.

thanks!
  • i guess this means that linda doesn't need us to come out there and help her????

DRAT!1!!
  • And she has lots of good illegal stuff in her freezer! Double Drat! I wormed the cranberry crunch recipe out of her!
  • It's still not working properly. When I go to the top of the forum and click on Private Messages, it takes me directly to my desktop. Also, if I go to the user control panel, it takes me to my desktop. This is so strange.
  • Sheesh, Linda! Suzanne is doing an upgrade. I wonder if that will fix the problem. Yesterday's post said yesterday or tonight.
    Wanna meet me at YVR tomorrow?
  • This is weird. When you say it takes you to your desktop, is it completely wiping out IE, or is IE being minimized?

Are you using IE6 or is it another version?

Were you having problems logging in before this started? What kind of changed did you make to your profile before this started?

Let's see if it works better for you if you browse with sessions instead of cookies. Go to your User Control Panel, and under "edit options", choose NO to browse with cookies. This will force you to use sessions instead. Then try to access your PMs and let me know if that works.

If not, then let me know what browser version you use, and I'll contact a vB guru for help.