Hula hooping!

• Just wanted to share something I have been doing for a while now which has given me some good results.

Hula hooping!

In the past few days I've really noticed that my waist and hips look much much slimmer, and I generally feel very svelte!

It's a really awesome way to work up a sweat and have fun, just put on some dancey music and away you go.

Maybe this will give someone else an idea how to incorporate some fun exercise into their day
  • I haven't tried "real" hula hoop but I love the game on the Wii. Quite the work out!
  • I think my calorie burning from a hula hoop work out would come mostly from laughing at myself as I try to hula hoop. I can see how it would be an awesome workout, I just can't get the darn thing to stay on my hips.
  • Doesn't laughing burn even more calories? ;-)
  • Quote: Doesn't laughing burn even more calories? ;-)
    LOL you may be right!!! I think I will get a matching mini skirt and halter top to complete the look!!
  • Quote: I haven't tried "real" hula hoop but I love the game on the Wii. Quite the work out!
    YES! OMG when I was doing the Wii Hula Hoop my hips HURT in an amazing way.
  • I do Hula Hooping also with a 3.5lb hula hoop. I think it's so cool. If you're listening to music it actually feels like you're dancing.
  • Hooping is by far one of my favorite activities to do. I have a great 3 lb hoop that I use at least every other day. It almost seems too fun to count as exercise!
  • I'm a hooper, too. I found directions for making a heavier, adult hoop online and my DH made me a couple (different sizes and weights).

I also crank up the music and really enjoy myself. I spent a lot of time picking the hoop up off the floor the first few days, but it's like riding a bike - once you've got it, you've got it.
  • Yay! I just got my 4 lb one! It bruises easy haha but I can't wait to get used to it and really go!
  • I bought a weighted one also, I think 3.5 lbs, and am still going thru the "bruising" stage. But oh, it is fun!!!!