Accountability, menu, exercise, plans, stuff - Month of February, 2011

You're on Page 6 of 8
Go to
  • Hi everyone! I had a good chat w/ my wellness coach last night.....we talked about how easy it is for old habits (thinking about ditching workouts, specifically) to SO quickly resurface. Luckily, I have been able to work around those silly thoughts, but he suggested really focusing on remembering the positive reasons why I am doing all of this....he read me some of the info I told him when we started working together. It helped. I went to the gym (even though it was super late) and did my whole planned workout.

Diane--YEA for being better! Ugh, that stinks about the bike at spin class....at least you didn't just give up and go home!!!

lottie--BIG hugs!!! I hope you can get some relief soon. Good luck w/ Corporate. I'm sure you will do awesome!!!!

jab--Ok so an icky day yesterday...today is a new day!!! I can't wait for my massage!!! I've never had one before. I agree, the big picture (at least for me) is soooooo far away, so setting small goals w/ rewards along the way is what is keeping me going. I am hoping by next week to be able to make that call to set up my appt!!!!

willowgirl--awesome!!!

I have my healthy lunch packed, hubby is making dinner for us (I am VERY excited about that...he is roasting a turkey....YUM!). I am going to the gym--arms/shoulders weights and some cardio. I need to make sure I drink water today. Didn't do so great w/ that yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Today is super annoying. corporate visit was fine. girl working 4-7 called off, so I had to leave work, pay for the bus back home, eat lunch, chill out for a bit then go back after having only been there for 1.5 hours, then go back and close with the 4-7 shift.

All this on 1.5 hours sleep. Awesome times.

tomorrow i have to work 10-1230, leave for a 1 o'clock appt, be back around 130 and work till 5. auuuugh. stupid.
  • work..... sux
  • Well like some dork I got up this morning and hustled around doing my usual and getting ready for work only to realize hey I'm working different hours today so I will be going in later than norm...

Yesterday's food was good, total cal...1259

coffee w/sweetener
    dry light toast
    drizzle of honey

apple
    banana
    triscuits
    water

arnolds mg thin
    lite cream cheese
    pizza sauce
    water

tuna
    light mayo
    triscuits
    water

I hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!
  • Good Morning! Zumba tonight and I am VERY excited! I just received a text from a friend who is planning on meeting me there. EXTRA excited about that!

I agree....work sux!!! The other manager I work with is officially out on maternity leave...it's only been three days and I want her to come back already!!!!! It's gonna be a loooooooooooong 8 weeks! LOL!!! It is wrong that I have her "tentative expected back to work date" marked in my calendar already???? I gave our staff a big pep talk yesterday....and yep, TWO of them called in sick today. Super.

I didn't lift weights last night. BUT, I did do 30 mins of good, intense cardio. I was feeling wicked stressed (stupid work stuff) and actually feel super relaxed by the time I was done, so I think it was a good choice. Zumba tonight and gym tomorrow (I'll do the weight routine that I didn't do last night).

I was lucky enough to go home to a wonderful roasted turkey dinner, compliments of my hubby. It was SO good!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
  • Hi chicks! Disney was wonderful. It truly is magical. I loved spending time with my son, dil, and grandson (plus other family members). I rented a scooter and was able to participate in everything that I wanted to do.

I ate oatmeal and fruit everyday for breakfast. I had some desserts and tried to make some good choices.

It feels good to be back in my 'food comfort zone.'. It's back to reality now.
  • TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Sounsd like you had a fantastic time!

Zumba was great last night. My friend met me there and had so much fun she is going to start meeting me on Saturdays.

I am going to the gym tonight and then scoot over the outlet mall. I need to return something and then home to relax a bit. No big plans this weekend...Zumba tomorrow, I really need to go through my closet so hopefully I will be in the mood to do that tomorrow.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!
  • mj5~ that is great your friend is going to be joining you for Zumba. That will only increase your fun!!!

Beverlyjoy ~ sounds like you did really well on your trip, glad you had fun!!

My foods for yesterday were good

Total cal.... 1390

coffee w/sweetener
    lite yogurt

almonds
    pretzels
    mini rice cakes
    mg cheerios ((all mixed together like snack mix))
    banana
    water

boiled shrimp
    lite bread
    pizza sauce
    cottage cheese
    water

Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend !!
  • Morning everyone

Yesterday's food went out of whack, still stayed within my calories but didn't plan. I had so many errands that I didn't stop to eat anything until mid afternoon then more or less snacked my dinner.

Calorie total for yesterday ... 1401

coffee w/ sweetener

tuna
    lite bread
    lite mayo
    water

rice cakes (mini)
    prunes
    water

totino's pizza rolls
    water

triscuits
    water

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend !!
  • Hi everyone! Zumba was awesome yesterday. My friend wanted to go again today, but my knee is a little sore, so I told her I better not. I will hopefully be able to go w/ her next Sunday (I'll still go Sat....it's a different instructor on Sunday)

AND the best news is....I lost 2lbs this week!!!! YIPPEE!!!! I am calling tomorrow to set up my appt for my massage!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now to come up w/ a reward for my next 10lb goal..........

Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • Hi chicks....Yesterday was mostly healthy. DH brought home candy from the grocery store. I had some licorice in the evening - which lead to other nibbles. I need to get ‘my mind right’. I am home - this should be my food comfort zone. His potato chips and candy are going in his car!

Some credits for yesterday - planned/measured/logged, left a bite, lots of water, exercise, ate healthfully until the licorice/nibbles in the evening.

Monday morning I have an endoscopy. Lots of stomach aches the last few months. I think it’s stress. It hasn’t totally slowed down my extra eating like I would like it to do. I need to be able to take four medications (percoset, lyrica, celebrex, and an antibiotic) for some weeks after my foot/ankle surgery and I am not sure my stomach can do it. Getting it checked out. I have to start thinking of all this health stuff again. I couldn’t think about it for a long time - but, now I am getting more ready and willing to do it again. I keep wondering if all these delays are ‘a sign’ to change something… doctor, procedure, another opinion?? - and I don’t know what else. But, I do know that I want my ‘life’ back.

MJ - YAY on your two pounds!! One of my goals is to someday be able to do Zumba.

Jab - glad you stayed in your calorie range even though your plan changed. Carry on.

Hi Slash, Lottie and everyone else.
  • evening everyone!!

Day so far has gone well, but I am still at work..Think I am having lasagna for dinner (mom made for SIL's b-day) Hope there is some salad left to go with it!!

Food for today Ceral bar
    small apple

Prob 2 servings pita chips

Healthy Choice sweet and spicy orange chicken

2 cups coffee with creamer and 24 oz water

Hope everyone startes their week on plan!!!
  • I'm really behind, this is long and ranty, no need to read it but had to get things out.

So, as I think I posted in the accountability thread last week I was having some issues getting my bipolar stuff under control, I'm not medicated currently, haven't been since May.

All sorts of things I do to keep myself stable were a mess. So I was of course getting unstable.

So I wasn't sleeping, which was causing my fibromyalgia to flare, then one day I literally got 1.5 hours sleep then had to work a long day at work. I ended up sleeping 14 hours that night, then was sick the next day. I'd wake up for one hour, then sleep for three, off and on all day and night into the next day

. Stomach issues abound with the lyrica too, I'm going off it (slowly) when I see my doc on thursday.

I also had a tooth infection which gave me cold sweats, felt like I'd faint, dizzy, nauseous, confused...I was a mess. Then the bump on my gum where my broken wisdom tooth is broke and I felt tons better just about immediately.

I think my sleep will be better by tuesday. It's getting there.

ANYHOW, through all this, I managed to not gain. My weight is bouncing within' two lbs all week but the lyrica made me severely constipated and I wasn't drinking and got bloated.

When I get a bit manic or depressed, I notice my satiety signals basically turn off. Which was weird they had been working so well before. But I think in a day or two things will be back to normal. My mood is far better, my eating is back on track, not that it was 'off' but it wasn't what I'd have liked it to be.

Anyhow, long story short, feeling better. ha. SO glad this whole thing didn't entirely derail me. My bf put a post it on the scale that said, "Don't give up!" hehe
  • Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--I hope you get some answers. I hope you can do Zumba, too! It is SO much fun, really doesn't feel like a workout!

upswife--Mmm, lasagna!

lottie--Glad you are feeling better! Your bf is a total sweetie, but you already know that !!!!

Hi to everyone else who stops by.

I have been wanting chinese food REALLY bad the past couple of weekends (we used to get take out almost every weekend)....BUT I don't want the fat, calories, and sodium....SO last night I went online and found some healthy versions of sesame chicken and lo mein, which is what I usually order. I am really excited to try them out this coming Saturday night.

I have a podiatrist appt on Friday morning and I am taking the WHOLE day off. I am very excited. Ok, maybe not so excited about the idea of potential cortisone injections in my foot, BUT having a WHOLE friday off......ahhhhh!!! I am going to do a little retail therapy this weekend and cleaning out my closet...I have some clothes that are just too big to wear, so they must go!

My workout for today is arms/shoulders weights and some cardio.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!
  • Hi everyone. Last week was just crazy and I can't say that I handled it all that well. My husband was gone, so I had to feed our cows/horses/chickens/ducks/geese in the morning, so I wasn't able to make it to the gym except for one day. So, that's in the past and I'm moving on to this week. I'm going to do much better. I went to Body Pump this morning, and it just about killed me, but I made it through. Spin tomorrow. That should kill me too. Ha!

My weight is not going down at all, so I'm going to really focus on my food and recording everything. I know my working out has been good (except for last week), so I need to do a recommit. So often I spend so much time dealing with my teenagers and their needs (sports, school, plays, etc) that I forget that I need to remain focused and pay attention to my food choices and portions. So, I'm making a note in my signature to remind me to refocus.

Onward!!

Jab: Even with a crazy weekend, it seems like you are doing well staying within calorie range.

MJ: Yay for you and your 2 lb loss! Enjoy your massage and enjoy getting rid of the clothes that are just too big!! How cool is that??!

Beverly: Aw, sorry about the stomach aches. That’s not good. You might be wise to check with another doctor. It wouldn’t hurt!

Upswife: Yum, lasagna. I would have trouble being sensible with lasagna. Ha!

Lottie: How sweet of your bf to put the note on your scale. That’s cute.

Have a great week everyone!