94% Fat Free Popcorn?!?!

• Hi Ladies,

I'm really confused. The WW pp book lists 5 cups of 94% fat free popcorn as 1 point. However, when I calculated from the box for one bag (7.5 cups), it was 8 points!

Should I mark it as 2 points (actually would be 1.5 but I would round up), or should I really take into account the calculator saying 8 points??

Since it is a 'power food' with so much fiber, I wonder if that is where the difference is coming in.

Thoughts??
  • So I am pretty sure it is a typo---i went into my WW online profile and looked at all the different popcorns, and 1 PP HAS to be wrong. I think 5 cups of the 94% fatfree is equal to 3 points---and actually, going all the way to 6.5 cups still kept it at 3 points. FYI for anyone else who enjoys popcorn as a snack!
  • This was actually a discussion at my meeting a couple of weeks ago. My leader said the book is wrong. She said we should always go by the nutritional info on the box to get the correct PP value.
  • Thanks I think I'll tell my meeting too---I heard there are other errors in there as well---I just thought I could trust their book/website information vs. calculating everything each time!
  • Where did the 8 points come from??

I've bought some of those mini-bags, but haven't really gotten a chance to eat them yet. Saving them for munchy emergencies only!
  • Nice to spend all of that money for a program with that many errors in the books Thanks for the heads up
  • Hi---8 points came from a regular sized bag of 94% Orvel Redenbacker (sp) fat free butter flavor. It seems really high, but not when you consider a full bag (7.5 cups) has about 300 calories. Either way, I am counting 7.5 cups as 4 points because WW calls up to 6.5 cups as 3 points---(via the online WW food search).
  • An entire bag is 7 points =D On Momentum is was 5! I eat an entire bag every night with a Diet Pepsi.
  • Well, at least popcorn is filling. It's worth the points (in my opinion). I stick to the mini-bags myself.
  • I agree, popcorn is always worth the points.

Deborah
  • Yes, it is 7---but if you calculate just one serving (in a two-serving bag, it is only 3 points)---so can we count it as 6 instead of 7?

That is one thing I find annoying about the calculations---when I have 1 and 2/3 tlb of peanut butter, it is 4 points, where if I go to two full tlbs, it is 5 points---I guess it is about reaching that tipping point.