~~February Golden Girls~~

You're on Page 11 of 27
Go to
  • KarenMO, you should have posted this link for the Betty White-ophiles out there! FUNNY!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vniZZlq1u8
  • Karen - Good for you! I'd love do the same thing too - I used to be a committed sun whorshiper (& still like to be out in it) too; not as much as when I was younger though. But I've got the age spots, etc etc. I should check into it..........a bit chicken I guess. "Food wise" - didn't do so good last night but again am back on track. Went to aqua fit this am so that's good. I'm trying to go 3X a week (don't always make it but 2X for sure). Anyway I'm going to get back at that darm remote - trying to get the DVD working. And I HATE reading directions. Yes, I want someone to do it for me! TTYL
  • Hey G.G.s,
    Seems sorta quiet around here today. Guess everyone’s busy getting ready for the weekend?

SO & I were out & about today. First, breakfast at Cracker Barrel to use a gift card we got for Christmas. Didn’t do too bad, had a biscuit with butter, fried apples, & hash brown casserole (water to drink). Might see a weight gain tomorrow (& it’s weigh-in day!), but it was worth it. Afterwards we went to the Goodwill, & I bought 3 blouses & a jacket, all for just $17.00. We were sort of celebrating because SO got his income tax refund. That was my “splurge”, & I told SO that was also my Valentine’s present, so we’re both happy. Now he gets to spend $20 on something for him, then it’s back to being “practical” with the rest of the refund. We spent a little time after that just walking around town, to get some exercise, & enjoy the nice, though slightly chilly weather. Supposed to have highs in the 60’s next week - I’m really looking forward to it. (Wonder if Zoe’s still in NC? Sure hope things are going ok for her & her family.)

Lynn, where are the pics of the new redhead? And, KarenFL, I’m looking forward to seeing your “after” pics. You are going to show them to us so we’ll all be jealous of how young you look, right? 5 months? Will that be June?

Another library book to read, maybe I’ll check back here later. Bye Y’all.
    NCNancy
  • Hi.......I posted on Biggest Losers site this am, then came over here to post and lost my internet service for the whole day. I just got it back and too tired to read all the posts for the day. Will catch you with you all tomorrow.
    Stupid computer
  • Hello all,

Seems it has been kind of quiet here the last few days like NC Nancy said.

Made a pot of chili today ~ so good on a cold day. Yummy!

Back to work tomorrow. Next week sewing. Got cloth for some new scrubs.

Hope you all have good weekend.

Take care
  • Hi Everyone,

I had no internet service yesterday. Bobbi, do you have Comcast?

I had to replace my camera. Luckily, WalMart had a sale on the model I needed & it was $75 instead of $150.

I also got a $10 tripod so I should be able to figure out how to take a timed photo of myself some time today. The hair is not very red - more a reddish blonde mixed with gray. VERY subtle change - I like it.

Plan to spend my day fooling with my camera, cleaning my refrig, and getting stuff together for my taxes.

Will check back later,

Lynn
  • I fell off the wagon so hard last night I may have broken something - meaning that I ate about 20 points over my daily allowed and it was all junk. I ended up tired and crabby and feel horrid this morning- IDIOT!!! - what a stupid thing to do! This is the first junk food binge since the end of December and I hope that it's the last ( yeah right ) Any way upward and onward today! Have a good day everyone!
  • Good Morning! I broke down and had a piece of birthday cake with the family last night. Good news it didn't show on the body test this morning! WHEW!! I didn't make the son a cake, I just bought a VERY small cake at Walmart. One of the $5.98 ones. Didn't want to have leftover cake sitting around--I can't hardly pass on the sweet taste of birthday cake.

Still have to get through Valentine's day and I don't have a clue if anything is planned this year or not! Last year the whole family surprised me with presents, cake and ice cream. I have told Tim that I want NO candy this year at all. Maybe we will just be able to go out to dinner and not have leftovers here at home.

We have sunshine and 35 degrees here today. Supposed to get in the 70's by next week with a steady warm up getting there!!

Lynn, glad that you were able to get a good deal on your camera. What did you get?

Everybody have a good day and I'll check back later.
  • Hi Karen,

I wanted to replace my old camera with the same make/model. It takes good photos & it's what I have been using in my class.

It is a Nikon Coolpix L22/L21. 12.0 megapixils.

Lynn
  • OH NO!!! PANIC IN MY HOUSE!!! The batteries are dead in the Wii!! Went to get the ones out of my camera and they need to be recharged! So they are on the charger now and I have batteries on my list to pick up at the store!! I will be getting a package of at least 4 rechargeables! I would be so upset if this happened right in the middle of a workout! Thank goodness it was when I was just getting ready to start. WHEW!! Time to get some housework done..be back later.
  • Lynn, I have a Kodak Easy Share 5mp---I'm sure that I would see a big difference if I switched. I sure like it but would like to get one that was smaller. I bought a Flip to carry with me too. They are kind of fun for a video camera.
  • Morning Everyone - Cloudy & sunny (a bit) today; sure hope it gets sunny & stays awhile. I know, dream on! Hey Tea..........don't beat yourself up for having a junk binge. I think we all do that - heaven knows I do. And if this is the first since the end of Dec., that isn't so bad. I know....... logically yada, yada, yada........but we still get mad at ourselves for doing it. I think the plus side is that we get right back on the wagon & keep on keeping on. Nancy - I'm a thrift store shopper too. We even have one in our little town of 2800. Love them! I made a pot of a vegetarian chili yesterday & it turned out really good; froze individual pkgs. I really want "comfort" food in the winter. Hope you all have a great day! TTYL.
  • Hello gang, a quick note and DH's cake will be ready to frost. I made him a spice cake, used all applesauce instead of oil. I cut a 1" square out of the corner to see how it tasted and you wouldn't know the oil was missing. He doesn't need to lose weight, I mainly wanted to try it in case I have a piece.
    KarenMo...I used to have an easy share camera but wanted a better camera with more pixels, unfortunately the camera's that take really good pictures run $600-1,000. I purchased a new Canon, at FotoConnection for $204.99, it takes decent pictures with 12 Megapixels, 4X zoon and a memory card. How come your mama didn't name you Valie like my mom did my sister who was also born on Valentines Day. Anything special you're doing on Monday?
    Laff...good job, I used to do that all the time when I added meat to the soup. Now I just make meatless vegetable soup and save my meat calories for supper. (This is my special soups I make for my lunches, DH doesn't eat it.)
    Quote:
    I made a pot of a vegetarian chili yesterday & it turned out really good; froze individual pkgs. I really want "comfort" food in the winter.

Teagranny....don't feel like the lone ranger, we've all done that.
    Quote:
    I ended up tired and crabby and feel horrid this morning- IDIOT!!! - what a stupid thing to do!

Lynn...Say what?
    Quote:
    I had no internet service yesterday. Bobbi, do you have Comcast?
    P.S. Lets see your new hair color
    Hi Glynne and Nancy, what's on the agenda for you two today?
    Donna...I was just scanning back to see what everyone was talking about and forgot to look at your Betty White thingie. I'll do that after I finish up here.
    KarenFla...How about you talk your surgeon into doing a two for the price of one and I'll come down and be your very best friend.
    Quote:
    It is 3 different types of lasers. Thought at first each treatment was different but no during my appointment he will use 3 different lasers. So it works all the phases of regeneration. Suppose see mega change after first. OMG am so excited.

Freda...where are thou?
    Zoe........are you ever coming back?
    Has anyone tried the new Pillsbury sugar free cake mixes? I made early in the week and it's gone already. DH has it at night with fresh strawberries and cool whip.
    Gonna go frost his spice cake, see ya Monday. I don't usually post on Sundays.
  • hi all....We drove to see some old friends the otherside of Orlando. Took the senic route over and let me tell you there is alot of empty space in the middle of Fl. BUT the red buds were blooming in much of the woods. Spring is really coming. I swore I would rip out Dh's throat if he mentioned the laser surgery. It was so funny to watch him double swallow and choke when he almost started to kid me in front of these friends.

Pete had told DH yesterday on the phone about this "great" book....The Crystal Castle...thanks Bobbie, I took them the 2nd book...Half Broke Horses...Actually her 2nd book explains the first book. After Bobbie recommended them I got both and read them out of order and really enjoy them. Think I will get a book report soon.

Hadn't planned on being home for dinner. Luckly had egg beaters and an apple. Made apple omeletts. Forgot had good they are. Remember the Frugal Gourmet, Jeff Smith. His recipe....sautee apple slices with splenda, make an omelett and put apples inside and sprinkle chedar cheese on top. I make one big one and split it....right now is probably the 1st time in years where there aren't any apples left hiding in my refrig ....

Did not realize that Monday is Valentines Day. Got a card for Dh....need a little bit of sf candy. He has been doing so good I hate to introduced anything that could cause a sugar attack.

My BF's birthday was Valentine's Day, too. Hallmark makes Valentine birthday cards.....always wondered what was 9 months before that they would have that much of a market????

Stopped at a citrus stand. Wanted to bring home a few honeybells. They would only sell them in 1/2 bushel bags. Now what do the 2 of us need with that many...at $16.99 plus tax they can keep their oranges. I get grumpy when spot a rip off. Vacationers heading home beware!!!!

It's only 6pm and all I want is my jammies. Have to do my weekly tomorrow am and having company for dinner. Doing ww angelhair pasta with sauteed eggplant and shrimp....plus feta cheese olives and garlic. Been known to toss in extra stuff like mozzarella cheese, peppers and onions....anything hanging out that looks interesting. Leftovers will end up in an omelett Monday night. think i'll plan something ahead for wednesday and treat self to day off KP.

Still nothing from Zoe....will keep my prayer going.

Lynn....your new color sounds about perfect. Just a hint of tint to brighten your face.

Bobbie....I tried the SF brownies. Took them to bridge. They were chewy and slight after taste. Glad to just toss them to the straving players. Not worth trying again.

hugs,karen3
  • Hey G.G.s,
    Hope everyone’s having a good weekend. A bit breezy & cool here today, but at least it was sunny. Got another sick kitty, Milky’s sister, Oatmeal. She seems to have the same thing he had, except she seems to have gotten a lot sicker a lot faster. Fortunately, this time I remembered there’s a vet’s office inside Petsmart, & it turns out they’re open on weekends! So, another $30 office visit + $30 for the antibiotics. I just hope she gets well as fast as Milky did, & that the other cat, Sax, doesn’t get sick next. I’m hoping that because he’s bigger & older, he’ll have a stronger immune system & be ok.

Laffalot, I do love my thrift stores. I really don’t even know how to shop for clothes anywhere else. And the prices are sooo much better!

KarenMO, that birthday cake looked so good on Facebook. Did you not show it on here to keep from tempting everyone? I just love love love birthday cake, have all my life, for which I blame my mom. On my first birthday, she gave me my own little birthday cake, which I plunged right into with both hands, & started shoving in my mouth (there are pictures!). Mom said, the next day, she caught me on the floor, in my great-granny’s pantry, with a can of Crisco shortening. She figures I thought it was icing, & took it away before I could eat any. I think if she’d just let me eat a big old gob of it, it would have been so yucky it would have turned me off of icing for life! Bobbi, spice cake? Yum! (You only ate a 1" square?!!!) I’m afraid when I get out of here I’m going to have to have a “cake fix”. Good thing I’ve got something for a “cake emergency” - 2pk. Swiss rolls (only 200 calories). I think that will have to be my snack tonight.

Tea Granny, I think we’ve all fallen off that wagon so many times it’s amazing we can still walk, I know I have! Just keep on keeping on. Lynn, I’m looking forward to that picture! Hope you’re having a good day at work, Gayle. KarenFL, never heard of an apple omelet, it sounds pretty darn good. Might have one for breakfast tomorrow, cause now I want to try it!

Food, food, food, got to get my mind off of food! I'm headed for my library book! Whoops! Its title is "Apple Turnover Murder"! And it's one of a series by Joanne Fluke, about the owner of a cookie shop (who solves murders), & it includes recipes! I'm doomed! Wish me luck, & willpower (lots of willpower!).
    NCNancy