Protein/Nutrion bars?

• So I was at the grocery store earlier and I decided for whatever reason that I wanted to look in the organic isle and look at protein bars and things of that nature. I came across these bars called Power Bar Pria 110 Plus Nutrion Bars. So I pulled out my calculator and computed the points on the back. They came to a very small 3 points. These bars are about half the size if not smaller than normal protein bars and a little more nutritional. So I bought a few just to have if I ever need something on the go. They have no preservatives nor do they have any artificial flavoring however they aren't all natural. I think I'm gonna keep em around..not as a habit but just when I want one I suppose. Tasted pretty good too. I do gets tons and tons of fruit in everyday as well as almonds, cheese, veggies, etc. And I've never eaten these things before really..but just as somethin lying around.
    http://www.powerbar.com/products/68/powerbar-pria.aspx

So what this threads about since I gave the overview of the one I bought is what peoples takes on protein bars/nutrition bars are? Are they okay if they're better than most AND if your still getting your day to day healthy guidelines in? I mean it's only 3 points or in some cases, way more than 3.
  • I do eat them occasionally. Personally I tend to choose the ones with high protein since I need to eat more protein. I don't eat them all that often but they are particularly good on days that I exercise.
  • Most of them are little better than eating a candy bar. Just be sure you read the label closely.
  • I tried a Clif Bar a couple weeks ago BEFORE calculating the points! BIG MISTAKE, it ended up being 7 points!

Glad you found a bar that was pretty reasonable, I like eating one along with a banana or apple after a workout =D
  • I love protein bars, well at least Luna and Odwalla bars. I recently got a chocolate chip peanut butter Odwalla bar, and its 6 points! I LOVE them, but that is just too many points, when I could have a nice bowl of oatmeal with a tsp of peanut butter for less. It was a bummer moment for me. I'll have to try the Pria bar!