Excited to join you!

• Hi everyone! My name is Angela, I'm 42 and a stay-at-home mom of two, ages 3 and 5. I am also in graduate school to become an English teacher. This is my umpteenth time trying to lose weight but this time, I am determined! Why? My children are asking me if I have a baby in my belly and I am type 2 diabetic and tired of taking medicine.
    I joined Weight Watchers two weeks ago and just convinced hubby to do it as well. So far I have lost 4 lbs. I also dusted off the treadmill and have been walking every night. My biggest problem right now is learning to not eat the kids' leftovers (nuggets, tater tots, etc.)
    I look forward to talking to you all and to giving and getting support in our weight loss journeys!
  • Angela! Way to go on your 4 Lbs loss!! Good luck with your continue efforts!!
  • Welcome Angela.

We have a nice bunch of WWers here.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/
    Jump right in. We're glad you've found us.
  • hi there, just want to say well done for starting your lifestyle change- i too have been asked by other kids if i am pregnant which is so embarrasing!!

just a tip for you if you are eating kids leftovers- squirt washing up liquid on the plate as soon as they are done- that way you cant eat them!!

good luck x
  • The dishwashing liquid is a fantastic idea!!!! I am also training them to scrape their plates as soon as their are finished although my 3-yr-old thinks this is the prime opportunity to get rid of her dinner!