OK OK I admit it! Food confession

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: I wish I could adopt your mentality guys. I can't seem to not feel guilty about the bad things I eat because they were a poor choice and I regret it. When I start to tell myself it was OK... I go crazy and everything is OK. My brain just doesn't work that way I guess.
    i've only full been able to adopt (and practice!!!) this mentality in the past few months.

i've been on and off diets and plans and healthy lifestyles for a really long time. the last time i successfully lost a considerable amount of weight, i did it through a "nutritionist" (read: diet center masquerading as a nutritionist) who restricted my calories, which is fine. but she also weighed me in 3 times a week, and i had to have a loss every time, basically. so there was no room for indulgences. i went 5 months without pasta, chocolate, lots of things, and i was pretty deprived. yes, i lost a lot of weight, but i wasn't living in the real world. i hardly went out with my friends. (i was 21!) i was in college, and hardly drank that semester. it just took over my life in a negative way. and when i stopped going to see her, the weight crept on, because i never really learned how to enjoy (nor work in and moderate) the little things, the meals out, the occasional bowl of ice cream, good ethnic food, etc. and when i did eat, i felt awfully guilty, which would ofted spiral me into a binge (i also struggle with bingeing), which lead to me just gaining all of the 70 of 80lbs i lost with her.

i don't know if this will help, but the reality is, we live in the real world, and it's full of good, healthy food, and there are also good, fun treats that we should incorporate into our lives. our journeys towards healthy bodies isn't about guilt and deprivation- its about finding a happy medium between fueling our bodies and occasionally feeding a craving.