NSV! trying on ballgowns

• I have a formal dance with alot of young singles from my church in two weeks and I went into DEB the other day just to try on dresses with my sister. I remember trying on some a few years ago and fitting snuggly into an 18. it looked good. that was even before I hit my highest weight (probably 30 lbs less than it actually)
    ANYWAY I tried on a size 16 dress and it zipped up with little effort exept the last inch or two!!! (what can I say? I never asked for a giant chest...lol)
    it made my day and helped me realize Im actually getting smaller and its not just the number on the scale dropping. I havent been a 16 since about 10th grade.
  • Awesome! I bought a dress too for my husband's cousin's wedding and I got it in the Juniors dept, so it is a smidge smaller than I would like. Its a 13, and Im a womens 14, but by april, hopefully it will fit perfectly.
  • Yay! Congratulations, that must be exciting.

I have my old formal dresses from 8th grade to senior prom. I am anxious to work my way back through them just to see when I fit again.
  • That's awesome! There's something so satisfying about zipping up a dress.
  • This gives me hope.. I'm going wedding dress shopping in March and am TERRIFIED.
  • Congrats on fitting into the smaller size! Definitely an accomplishment

And MissTraveller, Don't get discouraged during your wedding dress hunt - Almost all Wedding Dresses are sized in the Chinese measurement charts, which tend to run 4 sizes smaller than the USA measurement charts. (A Chinese 20 is actually an USA 16).

I just got my dress in December, so I know the excitement and the fears as well!
  • Ugh.. so wait if i'm a 14 regular size, I'll be an 18 in wedding dresses? BLARG... TOTALLY bummed now. Guess I have two more months... that's time for two more sizes, right?