belly fat?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Does anyone have this problem? I see a lot of chubby girls who dont have a big gut...I think Im proportionate (no chicken legs here) but I do have the "B" belly. Im watching my carbs hoping that will help. Has anyone done the 30 day shred or anything in particular that you've noticed helped get your waist size down.
    I think that even if I lose some weight I will have a "B" gut.
  • i'm sorry to tell you that there's no way to focus on any part of your body like that... just keep at your diet and your whole body will shrink eventually...

just be thankfull though... i have BOTH chicken legs and a belly... gah!

i've also done the 30 day shred... and haven't noticed any shrinkage in my mid-section, haha... although i do think my legs have gotten smaller.... i think the belly is notoriously the hardest part of the body to lose weight in... we just have to keep at it!
  • Pardon my ignorance (I'm 33, so a generational thing might account for this), but what is a "B" belly?
  • I have rolls on my rolls, its truly depressing. And I am sure there is no way to spot trianed, as I asked when I first joined a gym. I have done the 30 day shred, it toned me up a bit, but still, I have a gut.
  • I too have a huge belly. Its toned down a bit since I bought myself the flex belt for christmas, but i too have a gut and chicken legs! =/
    I swear I look pregnant!!

But there is no way to spot reduce one area. I've tried. Diet and exercise is the way to go, i guess.

and I've also done the 30day shred, and while i lost like ten pounds, my belly didn't look any different .... le sigh.
  • Chicken legs? Confused. I have a silly belly as well. Small waist proportionately. Stupid thighs also...but it's ok, everything is gradually shrinking. I'll end up with either a nice hourglass or proportional pear (I hope, fingers crossed)
  • I'm proportional mostly with slightly bigger legs (not pear though, dodged that one) and I've always had a belly. I still have a belly. It has gotten a little better with body weight exercises and things but it's still there and still drives me insane.
  • krampus, I think that's the East Asian genetics working to our disadvantage...

I have always had a big belly for my size, at any size (I remember being self-conscious about my gut in high school when I weighed about 102 lbs, I kid you not). At my highest weight, I had a reasonably nice rear, in fact; now I have none and STILL that stupid belly!! Definitely an apple-rectangle here... which is why my primary goal is to (1) shrink the fatpack, and (2) develop a muscly butt-tone to balance what is, unfortunately, genetically inevitable.
  • rainbow, you know when you eat roast chicken, how the legs are like massive at the thigh and then tiny at the end? => chicken legs. i have huge thighs.
  • Quote: krampus, I think that's the East Asian genetics working to our disadvantage...

I have always had a big belly for my size, at any size (I remember being self-conscious about my gut in high school when I weighed about 102 lbs, I kid you not). At my highest weight, I had a reasonably nice rear, in fact; now I have none and STILL that stupid belly!! Definitely an apple-rectangle here... which is why my primary goal is to (1) shrink the fatpack, and (2) develop a muscly butt-tone to balance what is, unfortunately, genetically inevitable.
    I remember being 102 pounds as well in my early 20's, and my (now)husband's roommate made a comment that I had a pouch...lol...And now I just look like I am pregnant -- I have lost 8 pounds, and I think my tummy is actually smaller than my boobs But I have these huge jugs
  • I have the exact same problem. Dont get me wrong though.. Im not a skinny chick everywhere buy the belly. Its just that my stomache seems to have been the resting spot for a majority of the fat Ive accumulated. And Ive been so envious of other girls that carry there extra weight more evenly. I have a prego looking gut and I hate it. Hope that it shrinks now that Im on track though.
  • I have a big belly as well. I have big legs, big thighs, big hips, big everything, and my stomach like...ridiculous, but I have faith that it will shrink :-)
  • OH NO chicken legs. I can't believe I never thought of that before. Thanks, Kawaii. Now I'm going to be paranoid about trying to decide if I have chicken legs :/ I know I have huge thighs... and kind of slim ankles.. but I never really equated those into chicken legs :/
  • I can't say for sure, but when it comes to cardio, running has toned my belly more than a lot of other exercises. Then again, I can feel the tone, but you can't see it under the fat. The other thing I noticed was, the improvement in posture from working out/weights mostly changed the way my B looked, it lifted everything when my shoulders stayed back and I "lost" 5lbs of visible weight while the scale stayed the same.
  • I think I read (possibly on 3FC?) something about wholegrains helping to reduce belly fat rolls but i cant remember how or why