Oh my god. YUM!

• So I went out grocery shopping and. I eat pretty well alot of chicken and eggs when Im dieting. Whole wheat.. veggies. But I -NEED- some food that doesn't feel so.. diety. Well I think I found my favorite item.

Mini Snickers ice cream bars. They are only 90 calories and one is enough to get that perfect bad for you fix you crave. I wouldn't eat more then one a day or few days but. I guess we all need a little snack that feels not so healthy

Does anyone else have any favorite snacks that arn't TO bad for you? I need shopping ideas
  • I buy frozen soft pretzels (Super Pretzel, I think). They are 160 cal per pretzel. They are usually a once a week treat for me, if that. They aren't too horrible if you plan for them. And definitely hit the salty cravings that I very rarely get, but hit hard lol.
  • I love popcorn...just plain, popped in the microwave in a paper bag. Satisfying, and filling...and you get a LOT to eat for your calories.

I'm loving the citrus in season at the moment today, too. I found the most amazing kiwis at the farmer's market today. So Good.
  • I find myself snacking on raw mushrooms and carrots lately, either with a little ranch, or diced tomatoes with a few spices as a dip. When I need something more "bad" for you. I'll have a few crackers with either cheese and dill pickles or peanut butter.
  • We really like smoked oysters with Saltines.

They are an acquired taste, admittedly, but have a great savory smoked flavor and (though they are a bit high in cholesterol) are packed with protein...I find them to be very satisfying and, at 170 calories/tin, there are many worse options.

Gotta watch the cracker consumption, though - the salt is great with oysters, but the calories can add up quick.
  • frozen fruit bars..yum! had a few dorritos the other day. Sprite.
  • Julian ice cream bars are effing fantastic! i love, love the strawberry fruit bars, and the fudge bars. They're both around 120 calories, and organic with real ingredients, wonderful. Another snack i love are fresh juicy strawberries dipped in vanilla greek yogurt.. it's not the season for strawberries right now, so I haven't had this treat in a while.
  • I have mini-ice cream sandwiches and some fro-yo in the freezer. A serving of either is about 100 calories and its just the right fix. But now I'm trying to cut dessert so I'll have to find a more savory treat to indulge myself!