IP Daily Chat - Wed. 19 Jan. 2011

You're on Page 6 of 10
Go to
  • Wi #3
    All right, so this is working just fine!

Today was weigh-in #3 down another 5lbs. Twenty-three pounds in three weeks works for me!

Ha, I qualified for my ticker in my signature too! So I'm feeling like part of the club.

I also found out, my coach told me in Maintenance it was required to splurge one day a week, followed by a Phase I day to shock the body some. She did say, "you may choose not to though" with kind of a look. So, I guess I don't have to completely say good-bye to somethings forever. Let's get to maintenance!
  • Quote: All right, so this is working just fine!

Today was weigh-in #3 down another 5lbs. Twenty-three pounds in three weeks works for me!

Ha, I qualified for my ticker in my signature too! So I'm feeling like part of the club.

I also found out, my coach told me in Maintenance it was required to splurge one day a week, followed by a Phase I day to shock the body some. She did say, "you may choose not to though" with kind of a look. So, I guess I don't have to completely say good-bye to somethings forever. Let's get to maintenance!
    Congrats!! Looks like we are both a few pesky pounds from the 200's! Can't wait! Meet you there next week???
  • Quote: I'm 8 days into the program and I had my first WI today. I started at 327 and I'm down to 314 for a total of 13 lbs. My coach is super fired up but I'm staying reserved because I know it will taper off. I won't complain a bit if I can keep up a 1.5 lb loss per day!

Is it just me or does this diet strengthen your sense of smell? I can smell a cheeseburger from a mile away now
    That is AWESOME!!!! Keep it up!!!
    Everything smells SO good now it's crazy haha maybe it's just because we can't have it :P
  • Quote:

Thank you Amber! Also I was thinking about this.....is that 20-25 carbs a day including the packets or is that just the vegetables? I read another IP Forum and one of the ladies on there mentioned that her coach also said 20-25 a day.

I will for sure have to put my Jello in much much earlier.
    that INCLUDES the packets! which i noticed i got vanilla pudding and strawberry pudding. and vanilla only has 3 and strawberry has 6!! and the strawberry is a weird consistancy. kinda reminds me of the difference between regular yogurt and whipped yogurt. not a fan. there is also the question of if it is supposed to be net carbs or just the carbs. i didn't ask this question.....and of course the stawberry pudding has no fiber either where as the vanilla i think has 2 grams. I've decided to not do the net carbs thing though for now. figure the lower the carb count with me still feeling good the better.
  • today's NSV - wearing jeans that i haven't been able to wear since august. they are a little light still, but i'm wearing them anyhow!! i am just elated that i could even get them over my hips!!
  • Quote: Weigh in #3 today! Down 6 pounds from last week, making a total of 15 in three weeks! It took me from July to December to lose 10! So my total loss is 25! Yeah, buddy!
    EXCELLENT!!! What were you doing to lose the first 10 lbs? A friend of mine started Weight Watchers online the same day I started IP, I am curious to see how our weight loss differs.
    Congrats on the awesome work!!! I have my second WI Friday...so excited!!
  • Quote: Congrats! My husband lost over 13 pounds his first week too.

All food smells so good to me now!

Speaking of food, there are very few veggies on this plan that I like. I'm pretty much living off of baby spinach, cucumbers, and dill pickles, which is OK, but I would like a little more variety. I tried last night to broaden my horizons by making cauliflower rice - GAG!! I'm trying kale chips next. I'm keeping my figures crossed.
    Im am SOOOO the same way with the vegetables!!! I did exactly what you are doing and i made the kale chips. they are REALLY GOOD! BUT i will have to tell you that I really REALLY should have rinsed it A LOT BETTER!!!!! I had some serious grit action going on. BUT that didn't steer me away. I will just be sure to rinse them LOTS BETTER.
  • Quote: I bumped the food journal sheet thread for you. It is a good one, I use it as well.
    I DIDN'T GET IT BUT MY CLINIC EMAILED ME ONE...THANK YOU ANYWAY!
  • Quote: Hi all!
    Hope everyone is having a great day! I am 2 days from WI and down 3 pounds this week already! I am pretty stoked about that.
    I started Phase 2 this week, and will start Phase 3 on Monday. I am phasing off before my vacation, as I don't want to get sick when I'm away, and anytime I have overindulged, I get very nauseous and ill. Not the way I wanna spend my vacay! I am losing like hotcakes on Phase 2, so this is good. Maybe I will hit 10 pounds before I leave instead of 5!
    I am posting a picture that I took this morning, only because I only have my skivvie pics on the mini goal! LOL!
    What a change - how exciting - you look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! You are going to rock your vacation wardrobe - won't it be nice to not have to worry about clothes or covering up on vacation - you can just be and enjoy it. Exciting to hear that phase 2 has a weight loss /re-introduction portion to it. I cannot wait to be where you are - your pictures are very very very motivating. (I am taking pictures in my speedo racing suit -- those will NEVER see the light of day - I am not as brave as you) Well wishes and all good vacation thoughts coming your way!
  • Quote: I know it was asked in other treads, but I didn't see an answer.. How exactly will you know when you enter ketosis???
    I knew because it was like a switch was flipped and i wasn't hungry anymore. i didn't care about food, had to force myself to eat a regular meat and veggies. now 5 days later the hunger is not completely gone but i get full really easily. also i felt like my breath was seriously enough to kill anything that would walk by. i also was suddenly in a way better mood and the cravings went away. i still sometimes get a flash of hey that would be good, but i dont growl when i see someone eating something i can't. i will tell you it took me till day 9 to feel this way.
  • Quote: EXCELLENT!!! What were you doing to lose the first 10 lbs? A friend of mine started Weight Watchers online the same day I started IP, I am curious to see how our weight loss differs.
    Congrats on the awesome work!!! I have my second WI Friday...so excited!!
    OMG this is something i would be VERY curious to hear about! please share when you find out. how are you doing...didn't see ya on here the last couple days. we started pretty much a day apart i think so i have been wondering how you have been doing
  • Quote: today's NSV - wearing jeans that i haven't been able to wear since august. they are a little light still, but i'm wearing them anyhow!! i am just elated that i could even get them over my hips!!
    WAAAA HOOOO -- You wear those jeans proud - the one thing this diet is teaching me is that this is hard work but if it means I can wear the jeans that are collecting dust in my closet one day then by all means I am going to wear them proud I don't even care the size -- I earned the victory and so did you
  • Quote: WAAAA HOOOO -- You wear those jeans proud - the one thing this diet is teaching me is that this is hard work but if it means I can wear the jeans that are collecting dust in my closet one day then by all means I am going to wear them proud I don't even care the size -- I earned the victory and so did you

You talk about wearing jeans that are dusted off, well I had a moment like that. I had a pair of jeans that I had to have my mom bring me when I was living in Mexico because I had lost enough weight that all of my clothes were too big. When I got home I slowly added the weight I had lost back on and those jeans no longer fit me. Now they are collecting dust again--not because they are too small for me, but because they are too big and they are in the Goodwill/DAV pile. It was such an amazing feeling to know that I had marked myself by that size of jean for so long. I was so excited to wear them again and get back to my skinniest adult self and now I've completely blown by that. It really is a wonderful feeling!
  • Quote: Congrats!! Looks like we are both a few pesky pounds from the 200's! Can't wait! Meet you there next week???
    It will be nice to get under that 300lb mark, see ya there!

I've already bought some 44s and XXL shirts, because hopefully I'll be ready for them around February 3rd at this rate.
  • Quote: Congrats to all who are having their successes today!

ok, for once and for all.........I was just told from a friend who is taking 'IP coach training"....... NO snacking inbetween meals... after the first couple of weeks. I am at 5.5 mths into this..........and we have discussed a lot about hunger and cravings.... mine was the dreaded peanut butter... STOPPED that...so i asked the question here re: egg whites... the mix i use is 0/0/1. 30 calories. I eat at like 0630 - 7am in the morning (IP product) so by 10 or 1030 I am hungry! so have started to take the egg whites. NOW i am told that its wrong!!!!!! Carla and friends.... can you shed light on this once and for all? I dont want to be screwing up my progress..... or messing with the IP to the point of no success. Thanks to everyone
    Hi,

I have breakfast at 5 am since I go to work at 5:30. By 10 am I'm also very hungry. I have my snack that we are suppose to have an night. I'm usually not hungry at night anyways. At about noon, I eat my salad/veggies with my other IP product. Sometimes I only eat my IP product later, like at 2 PM. I eat my supper at 5 pm since I'm back at home 4:30 PM. I'm not sure if this is OK but this is what works for me. I still get everything I'm suppose to... hope this helps.