First timer

• Hi, This is my first time in Weight Watchers. Lord knows I have tried many others -- low carb, jenny craig, slim fast, herbal life and seattle sutton. I am turning 38 this week and realized that my weight had gotton out of control. I am really excited and very determined. If any of you have any "golden rules" I would appreciate your wisdom. I have over 150#s to lose. My first weigh in is tonight.
  • If you journal your food everyday you can't hoodwink yourself into believing you're eating less than you really are.

I have been journaling for 3 months and have lost 12 lbs. (I am a slow loser because I am menopausal, and also because I choose to eat 1800-1900 cals. per day since I have over 100 lbs. to lose and don't want to get down really low with the calories until I am near goal weight).

I find journaling on fitday.com to be very rewarding and journaling has given me integrity with my food I never had before.

Good Luck and drink alot of water!!
  • Thanks deadnursewife! I will check out fitday. I had my first weigh in last night and I lost 4.8 pounds. I am pretty motivated to stick to the program. I know that I shouldn't expect to lose that much each week, but it was a nice surprise.

I am having a big glass of water right now.

good luck to you too!!