Lurking No More

• Hi everyone,
    I would like to introduce myself. I began the South Beach way of life in May of 2003. Though I have not been on plan the entire time and have gained and lost weight many times, the basics of the diet are stuck in my brain. I've learned how to eat to feel good and successfully lose weight but for whatever reason I haven't discovered the key to maintaining my weight loss long term. I've been lurking around this site for several years and I actually feel like I know some of you. I'm hoping that posting, rather than just lurking, will give me the motivation I need to stay on plan, lose the weight again and maintain the loss permanently.
  • Welcome back!!! (even though I'm new

I hope this site helps you...it's been great so far for me!
  • I lurked too. Joining in is much more fun
  • Sharon! I am so glad you decided to join us. I think you'll find it easier to stay on-track when you can talk about your weightloss journey with all of us here who are following the same plan.
    Come and join us in the Daily so we can get to know you!
  • I just posted on another thread that I am starting on Friday. Welcome!

I know what you mean about losing and gaining. For me, it's finally sunk in that what I do now to lose weight I'll have to do for the rest of my life. So that means after losing weight on Phase 1, and then going on to Phase 2 and losing the rest of my weight, I CANNOT go off South Beach and expect my weight to stay low. It just won't happen.

So this is it for me. I'm in it for life. I'm having real health issues and I'm scared. I start Phase 1 on Friday. After two week it's Phase 2. I'll stay there until all my weight is lost and go on to a very carefully monitored phase 3. No more throwing caution to the wind. I've learned.

I might add I'm such a slow loser it might take me a good year or two to get this weight off. But I don't care. I am pre-diabetic and for me there is no other alternative. My relatives died from diabetes related health issues.

Welcome. We can do this!
  • Hello! It's great to meet you.
  • Welcome to SB!
  • Welcome!!!
  • we can and will do this
  • Welcome!

Best wishes!
  • Hi Sharon, and nice to meet you. I truly believe that posting does help so hope to see you often.