Feeling good today :)

• Since actively stepping back onto the weight loss wagon.. I've found that my depression is easing significantly. I don't know whether it's the motivation to strive for something or the fact that I've been eating better (haven't started exercising yet though,lol) I feel really positive today. I've also been taking iodine supplements for a likely underactive thyroid, so maybe all of these things together are helping. And I still haven't got the guts to weigh myself to see if I've lost any weight these last two weeks. ;D
  • yay for feeling grrrrreat!

you'll work up the scale-courage eventually :P
  • That's great to hear!

I find that I feel better when I eat better too, for the most part. Eating well doesn't preclude an emotionally stormy stretch, but it seems (for some, at least) to shorten the duration and lighten the clouds a little. And yeah, taking care of a thyroid issue will definitely help.

Good luck when you face the scale--I predict it'll tell you good news.
  • I feel like feeling good is half of the battle! I'm doing better today than yesterday because I'm in a better mood.

Congrats on feeling good! I hope this keeps up for you. And don't worry too much about the scale. Eating right is what's more important in my book. The numbers are just a little bit of a reward for your hard work!
  • I have often found that concentrating on good eating and exercising takes my mind off of the depression and puts my focus on positive changes.

Hope your feeling good for a long, long time!
  • Congrats ladies on feeling good today. I am also having a great day and that makes me less hungry

Each good day I have, the better eating habits develop. YAY! We can do it
  • Thank you thank you for the support! <3 I did actually get on the scales after I'd posted this today, and had lost 6lbs! I was so amazed, haha. Made me feel even better!

I love you guys<3! Hope you all continue to feel great and make great progress too!
  • Is it the chicken or the egg is what always comes to mind when I consider my depression and my weight. Even though I'm not a teen anymore, a friend of mine gave me a book called Teenage Waistland (my friend is obese too). She said it would cheer me up and provide some comic relief for the struggle to be skinny. If you want a lift in spirit, read this while eating low fat cherry garcia, and take your prozac! haha.