IP after WLS?

• Anyone on the IP diet who has has weight loss surgery? Would love to hear feedback! I had WLS 3 1/2years ago. Lost 103 lbs! Which was great, but did not put me a my goal of 150. Then, I gained back about 40! Ugh! I do not regret having the surgery. (truth be told I would do it again!). But I am beginning to go down the same road that lead me to gain weight years ago. Snacks, carbs, a "little" taste of this & that. I am soooo disappointed in myself.

A girlfriend told me about IP. She's had a lot of success on it and I feel it might be just what I need to get me back on track & keep me focused. Here's hoping! I am only day 3 but feeling good!
  • What is IP? I'm curious as my mom has had WLS and has put back on about 60 lbs. Thanks!
  • I'm not an expert on this diet as I have just started 11 weeks ago. IP (Ideal Protein) is a low carb plan with lean protein , it also includes supplements and protein foods in packets that you purchase at the clinic where you sign up for the plan. IP has 4 phases. Here is the website for IP www.idealprotein.com to see if there is a clinic near you. Otherwise you can still do the program by visiting the forums and threads for Ideal protein. You can get the whole diet printed form there and buy alternate products from other companies. Ckeck and see. People in the forum are very nice and gladly will answer any questions you may have.
  • Quote: Anyone on the IP diet who has has weight loss surgery? Would love to hear feedback! I had WLS 3 1/2years ago. Lost 103 lbs! Which was great, but did not put me a my goal of 150. Then, I gained back about 40! Ugh! I do not regret having the surgery. (truth be told I would do it again!). But I am beginning to go down the same road that lead me to gain weight years ago. Snacks, carbs, a "little" taste of this & that. I am soooo disappointed in myself.

A girlfriend told me about IP. She's had a lot of success on it and I feel it might be just what I need to get me back on track & keep me focused. Here's hoping! I am only day 3 but feeling good!
    I'm not sure which surgery you had.... I had a lapband put in and over the course of the year lost 66 lbs and the next year gained back 15. I was nowhere near goal but I could not lose any more weight with the lapband. My friend told me about this diet and I had the saline taken out so I would be able to eat the large volumes of vegetables. I started IP last September and have lost 60 lbs and feel SOOO much better then I ever have! WLS is great to give people that jumpstart to controlling their eating behavior however they really do need more guidance and education on the nutritional side. IP has given me that knowledge and I've been able to lose more weight on this plan then I have on any of the other ones. In addition I'm no longer hungry,tired,craving carbs, or having acne breakouts!